Hamer Fan Club Message Center

"Hamer" Introduces New Models

There are two new Hamer models added to the current line of guitars, the Sunburst and Special K. 

This just got posted at Guitar Player. 

Hamer Debuts New Sunburst, Monaco "Special K" Guitars

Hamer brings a new version of its Sunburst model, and the LP Junior-style Monaco "Special K" to this year's Summer NAMM show.
Hamer Monaco ‘Special K’ MONKJ-NT-D

Hamer has announced two new guitars: a new version of its Sunburst model, and the LP Junior-style Monaco "Special K."

The Hamer Sunburst SFTF-CS-D (pictured above) was inspired by Hamer's late-Seventies models, and features a flamed maple veneer over mahogany body and a period-correct Sunburst finish.

The guitar also features a set neck, ebony fingerboard, Hamer humbuckers and a fixed bridge.

The Hamer Monaco "Special K" MONKJ-NT-D is based on a custom-shop Hamer model from 2005, and features a lightweight korina body and neck, plus an ebony fretboard, two soapbar P-90 pickups and a wrap-around Wilkinson bridge.

Both models are available now for $874 each.

For more info on the guitars, head on over to hamerguitars.com.

9 minutes ago, DBraz said:

No interest at all but in any Hamer that wasn’t USA made.

And one thread on these shitty guitars would have been more than enough.

Indonesia is making good guitars.  The current Hamers in a local shop are excellent. 

Whether we like the idea of the company name being used to push Indonesian guitars we have to face the inevitable.  All the kids learning to play now are going to think of Hamer as another imported guitar. 

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

If they do, Jam will have succeeded in one area Hamer did not.

I'm glad the Hamer I followed wasn't available to the Guitar Center Inevitable Landfill Entry Level Learning Kit crowd.

"Inevitable Landfill" being a great band name, by the way.

When I went to a guitar show back here several months ago there was a dealer there saying he was getting in some NEW Hamer guitars.........................I let him in on a secret we all know here and have known for a long time.......................there are no "NEW" Hamer guitars.

3 hours ago, kizanski said:

"Inevitable Landfill" being a great band name, by the way.

With their great albums through the years "The Dump," "Recycling Center," and "Transfer Station".  

57 minutes ago, crunchee said:

Speaking of Summer NAMM, did Gibson get lost and follow the Radio Shack crowd to a Consumer Electronics show again?

I'd hope with all that's going on there, they'd skip any show over the summer and try to come back stronger at Winter NAMM.

9 hours ago, DBraz said:

No interest at all in any Hamer that wasn’t USA made.

Quite right Mr Braz. And on that note, we all know the trouble that Gibson has been facing recently, but they are a 100% American company and no matter what your budget is, if it says Gibson on the head, it's USA made.

13 hours ago, scottcald said:

I notice in the photos it looks like they've lined up the switch and the tone control.

Yes, that is blasphemy. That is not what a Hamer looks like.

Archived