Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NYC Radiohead fan party/tribute show this Thursday

Arlene's Grocery is throwing a Radiohead fan party this Thursday in honor of Radiohead's 4-night residency at MSG this week, and they're bringing my band in to provide the entertainment. Since the real deal will be in town, we're going to pull out a bunch of deep cuts that they rarely if ever perform, like Spectre, Life in a glass house, Man Of War, Daily Mail, and Motion Picture Soundtrack. We'll even have a horn section in tow for the full effect. Hope some of you can make it!

That would be awesome! Not able to make that. Will be seeing them in Montreal on Monday though. 

Really looking forward to that one. We were at our hotel in Toronto, pre-gaming for the show when it was cancelled due to the stage collapse and death of Scott Johnson (Drum Tech). This was our first chance to see them again, missing them at Osheaga two years ago..

Hope you have a great time! Rock it well :)

I say add "Banana Co" "How Can You Be Sure" and "Talk Show Host" ;)

Can we just make this a setlist request thread even if we can't make it? 😏

"You" is really fun to play, and the only song I really dig off the first record.

"Decks Dark" off the last one.  

"Myxomatosis" is great but would be hard to pull off naturally

"Where I End and You Begin" is great and fairly straight forward

"Separator" from TKoL is great and could be pulled off in a low key way. 

Maybe a really stripped down arrangement of something like this clip of Jonny & Thom & a CR78:

1 hour ago, soli'd said:

Can we just make this a setlist request thread even if we can't make it? 😏

"You" is really fun to play, and the only song I really dig off the first record.

"Decks Dark" off the last one.  

"Myxomatosis" is great but would be hard to pull off naturally

"Where I End and You Begin" is great and fairly straight forward

"Separator" from TKoL is great and could be pulled off in a low key way. 

Maybe a really stripped down arrangement of something like this clip of Jonny & Thom & a CR78:

I love all of those. We played Decks Dark and Myxomatosis at our most recent show!

1 hour ago, RobB said:

If your band does a late show maybe Radiohead will show up and play a tribute show to themselves?

Hey, it could happen. 

Yeah, we scheduled our show on their night off this week. Who knows, maybe, unlikely, but possible. :) A Japanese RH tribute once met Jonny:

https://consequenceofsound.net/2016/08/jonny-greenwood-meets-on-a-saturday-japans-premiere-radiohead-tribute-band/

Archived