Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Sustain Block Vector

That neck repair is very VERY suspect. Filler should never be used on a structural repair. If you get it, definitely have it sent to a top guy in Germany to have the repair re done properly. Then maybe get the whole thing refinished.

I´ve contact the seller. I ask for better pictures  and description (neck brake! condition frets) Also I want to know if the neck was "tread" with oil (would/should be a problem if you like to put on some new paint ...). unfortunatley no answer. 

It could be a "cool" project. But i.m.o. need more information to calculate what´s possible...

10 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

That neck repair is very VERY suspect. Filler should never be used on a structural repair. If you get it, definitely have it sent to a top guy in Germany to have the repair re done properly. Then maybe get the whole thing refinished.

You are totally right. Thanks! I was thinking about refinishing it, too. I will decide it when I get it.

34 minutes ago, JochenP said:

I´ve contact the seller. I ask for better pictures  and description (neck brake! condition frets) Also I want to know if the neck was "tread" with oil (would/should be a problem if you like to put on some new paint ...). unfortunatley no answer. 

It could be a "cool" project. But i.m.o. need more information to calculate what´s possible...

Good point. I have an idea about how much I would spend at what winning price. However as long as it stays low I don't mind bad pictures...

Archived