Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Want a new Cali?

FGJ

The Friedman line of guitars is definitely worth a look. I just wish that most of them weren't "aged". Only the set-neck isn't.  I'd rather have a newer looking guitar at a slightly lower price point.

7 minutes ago, Devnor said:

Nice Charvel

Have to agree with that!

I would like the headstock a lot better if the section painted black was body color instead. With the black it seems to visually disappear sometimes and make the headstock shape look goofy IMHO.

Just did some more looking and see that on some of them its off white - still not a fan. I still don't see the point of reliced guitars.

The nearest thing to a new Cali that is worthy of consideration, as far as I am concerned, is a Shishkov Super-C.  A genuine super Cali.

I like Friedman amps but I haven’t bought into their guitars.  The design cues don’t seem quite right to me.  Nothings harmonious.

11 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

The Friedman line of guitars is definitely worth a look. I just wish that most of them weren't "aged". Only the set-neck isn't.  I'd rather have a newer looking guitar at a slightly lower price point.

Grover is building them over at GJ2 from what I understand.  Finding a good deal on one of those is pretty easy. 

11 hours ago, DBraz said:

The nearest thing to a new Cali that is worthy of consideration, as far as I am concerned, is a Shishkov Super-C.  A genuine super Cali.

I like Friedman amps but I haven’t bought into their guitars.  The design cues don’t seem quite right to me.  Nothings harmonious.

Yeah, the OP was toungue-in-cheek. I don't think the Friedman Cali is anything like a Cali. Heck, they most certainly know that the name is used to refer to the Hamer Californian. 

Never saw the Super-C before, so thanks for making me aware of it. I had to look that up as soon as I saw your comment. They look super cool.

Archived