Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA. “Gibson Korina Vector “

Craigslist 

1958 KORINA FLYING V with REAL "GIBSON" LOGO ON HEADSTOCK - $1599 (Orlando) 

make / manufacturer: Hamer 
model name / number: Flying V 
size / dimensions: standard scale 

This is the "poor man's" "Gibson Flying V". But, it is actually a high quality Hamer Flying V on which someone has expertly installed a REAL "Gibson" logo on the headstock. Otherwise, it is factory stock. Unlike Epiphone Flying V's, this Flying V has the period-correct 1958-style heal where the neck joins the body. (See photo of the back side of the body.). And, unlike most Gibson Flying V Reissues, this Flying V has the period correct 1958-style, two-part body (where the wood grain itself runs in a "V-shaped" pattern with the wood grain running parallel to the top and bottom of the body). (See photo of the back side of the body.). Near MINT condition. Incredible action. Comes with the original factory Flying V case with PADDED LEATHER handle. 

Serial number looks like :

One of the pictures made it look like possibly a crack or line near the volute, but my eyesight sucks.  

My first thought was it was an import vector until I saw the stamped serial number.  

Now the best of both worlds, Hamer quality and the Gibson logo.  

If I had the correct Hamer dry rub logo, I could easily have the headstock fixed, but the neck worries me and the condition of the string angle.  

Looks nice other than the logo (imho). Is the Hamer logo still there underneath? Seems like a great price for one, based on other prices I’ve seen floating around. 

A friend of mine owned that guitar (I think).  I think Kip Elder at Starr's Guitars did performed the surgery.  I remember it having dead spots on the neck.  Could be a different guitar, but I don't think so.

17 minutes ago, The Shark said:

A friend of mine owned that guitar (I think).  I think Kip Elder at Starr's Guitars did performed the surgery.  I remember it having dead spots on the neck.  Could be a different guitar, but I don't think so.

There would only be one #003, Rausch.

That said, if you know that guy who performed that abortion, I'd like you to go to his place of business and punch him in the dick for me.

There really should be a cause no harm law.   Like if you are a plastic surgeon and some guy walks in and wants surgery to look like a beautiful space alien.  It should be legal to give him a boot him in the ass.   Guitar techs same thing!!  

2 minutes ago, scottcald said:

So, this person did this solely because they thought it would add some value?  They didn't care for the Hamer brand name?  What would motivate this?

Yeah, makes no sense. Especially when you take into account he's asking $1,599 for a pretty rare Hamer, which means he's losing money (the opposite of adding value).
Unless he got it for less than that, which is unlikely.
He's losing money either way, considering what he could ask, had he not taken a shit on it.

The good news is it's cheap enough for one of us to rescue and re-badge properly.

2 hours ago, kizanski said:

There would only be one #003, Rausch.

That said, if you know that guy who performed that abortion, I'd like you to go to his place of business and punch him in the dick for me.

Don't treat me like my wife does, Mike.  I can't remember what the S/N was.  But there can't be many of them in Orlando.  And I know Kip sprayed the headstock on my buddy's and added a logo.  So, you make the call.

I only punch people that make fun of my sister...

6 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Don't treat me like my wife does, Mike.  I can't remember what the S/N was.  But there can't be many of them in Orlando.  And I know Kip sprayed the headstock on my buddy's and added a logo.  So, you make the call.

I only punch people that make fun of my sister...

Well, I don't want to talk out of school, but Kip has said some outlandish stuff about your sister.
I know this because he was brandishing a Gibson-logoed Hamer and laughing his ass off.
For the record, I'm not on board with such behavior, but you're my friend and he must be punished.

Archived