Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gotoh Warranty?

My son's classical guitar has something wrong with one of the tuning machines. I'm not sure what the problem is at the moment but he's going to bring it to town on Tuesday for me to look at. At first I thought no big deal but then I looked up the price. The cheapest I found was on Amazon (naturally) @ $187.00. All Parts was $250.00

The model is Gotoh 7953-002 Some are calling it Gotoh Hauser for some reason.

Is there a warranty on these? If so, contact info? I looked at their website and found the contact info but nothing about warranty.

Thanks,

--Ting

No idea about warranty,  but as much as I like Gotoh's products, I find anything to do with  dealing with their business to be about impossible.  I would say your best bet would be to find an authorized Gotoh dealer in the US and try to work with them, at least they should speak English.

Hauser is the name for that style of tuner.  If you search for just Hauser tuners, you will see cheaper options from other familiar brands.

1 hour ago, G Man said:

No idea about warranty,  but as much as I like Gotoh's products, I find anything to do with  dealing with their business to be about impossible.  I would say your best bet would be to find an authorized Gotoh dealer in the US and try to work with them, at least they should speak English.

Hauser is the name for that style of tuner.  If you search for just Hauser tuners, you will see cheaper options from other familiar brands.

Thanks G. I'll check into it. 

Did you buy the guitar new?  Check the guitar's warranty first.  The guitar manufacturer will be *much* easier to deal with.

Even if not in warranty, check with the guitar company.  I wouldn't be surprised if they could sell you one side machine heads as opposed to the set of 6...  At least it would be half price, if not better...

13 hours ago, veatch said:

Did you buy the guitar new?  Check the guitar's warranty first.  The guitar manufacturer will be *much* easier to deal with.

Even if not in warranty, check with the guitar company.  I wouldn't be surprised if they could sell you one side machine heads as opposed to the set of 6...  At least it would be half price, if not better...

Yeah, we bought it new from the luthier, Augustino LoPrinzi. I've tried calling but he's retired and his daughter has taken over the biz. She doesn't answer the phone or return messages. Strange. Brandon's guitar professor is friends with Augustino so I may go that route. It's a good idea to try getting a half set. Thanks.

Hausser was a top german classical luthier from early 1900, the best with Ramirez brothers at thetime, hence Gotoh call like that the tuners (quality associaciated). Herman Hausser was the one Segovia changed his Ramires with (he returned to Ramirez afterwards).

I can check here (Spain) to see how much they would be and another brands like Fustero (another quality brand since old)....

14 hours ago, luis said:

Hausser was a top german classical luthier from early 1900, the best with Ramirez brothers at thetime, hence Gotoh call like that the tuners (quality associaciated). Herman Hausser was the one Segovia changed his Ramires with (he returned to Ramirez afterwards).

I can check here (Spain) to see how much they would be and another brands like Fustero (another quality brand since old)....

Thanks, I appreciate that. Apparently there are a wide bunch of configurations. Which is weird.

Here is the configuration of my son's tuners. TK-7953-002 Gotoh Gold Classical Tuner Set with Simulated Ivory

TK-7953-002-web-3.jpg

The most important is the spacing of the string rollers but also important are the screw hole placement to avoid drilling new holes in the headstock. Doesn't seem like any two are the same. The spacing varies from model to model in the Gotoh line as well as Schaller. 

Here is the configuration of my son's tuners. TK-7953-002 Gotoh Gold Classical Tuner Set with Simulated Ivory

Only simulated Elephants were killed for their simulated ivory.  

All joking aside, good luck.  

Archived