Hamer Fan Club Message Center

78 Sunburst in Germany (slightly overpriced)

That's $4671 USD

2 hours ago, kizanski said:

And I'm slightly irritated by telemarketers.

Call now. This offer won't last long.

Operators are standing by.

• 3 weeks later...

Now on eBay too. Unbelievable condition. Like new. But is that possible? Without any crack in the paint layer? My 1979 has a hundreds of these fine cracks.

I think, if everything is correct, the price is justified.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Hamer-Sunburst-Bj-1978-wie-neu/223089954430?hash=item33f1328e7e%3Ag%3AyzMAAOSwN91bZyXJ&_sop=16&_sacat=3858&_nkw=hamer&_from=R40&rt=nc

Great looking cool old Hamer "SUNBURST" but the price not so much..................it is his guitar so......................... If it were "Bound and Crowned it still would not make it to that number.There was a Hamer Sunburst in very similar condition with the OHSC and receipt of purchase on TGP and that did not sell for anywhere near that,it went for over 2k but $4,671,00? USD for this one?, Ahhhhhhhhhhh..............no.

6 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Here is the one that sold on TGP................... equally as nice IMHO. cvuh8XP.jpg

Gorgeous. What year/serial was this one, and what did it sell for?

d

Dave, That guitar sold back in January of this year...............it did bring over 2K which  IMHO was a good deal considering condition,originality and it being a great looking example of a early "Dot Neck" Hamer Sunburst.Not sure of the serial # but it was a 78.........the seller had other photos up at the time of the sale............ I just saved this one so I don't have the serial # or the other photos The only dot neck I have seen that had a better top was the one Dave Rogers [Dave's Guitar] sold out of his store......................this one. cPerET2.jpg                            Not trying to Hi Jack the thread................. just presenting other examples of early Sunbursts that are equal or better to this guitar in Germany that sold for a lot less. Like I said it iS a great looking guitar, just that the asking price is very far removed from what they sell for. Having said that These Sunbursts ARE rare guitars despite being Hamer's first "PRODUCTION" guitar. When you think of all the Les Pauls and Fender Strats and Teles out there Hamer Sunbursts and Hamer guitars in general are just a blip on the radar as to how many were made.        https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1978-hamer-sunburst-orig-case-and-sales-receipt.1906899/#post-25714286     https://reverb.com/item/9922101-1978-hamer-sunburst

Archived