Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Saw the amazing Jeff Beck the other night...WOW!

cmatthes

He blew out his ear playing with Slash a couple years ago (in France, I think) as part of some tribute...but it wasn’t the amp that did it. He was standing next to the drummer who really crashed a cymbal hard right next to JB’s ear. It blew so he went home and wasn’t part of the tribute to whoever.

Chris,

That was an excellent review. I love seeing JB. He keeps getting better and more innovative as he ages. Who else does that from the classic rock era now that Petty is gone?

what did you talk to him about? Any gear questions?

Arniez, 

‘ You got to see him in my fave era. The JBG with Rod and Ronnie was so good. Truth and Beck-Ola never leave my listening rotation.

3 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

.....Who else does that from the classic rock era now that Petty is gone?

BWAHAHAHA! Talk about your apples and logging chains.

On 8/26/2018 at 12:20 PM, hamerhead said:

BWAHAHAHA! Talk about your apples and logging chains.

Yes, completely different but similar in that they both continued to release viable, great albums all through the 2000s and 2010s.....Petty didn’t sit on his 70s-80s laurels....hell, his only #1 record was his last one, Hypnotic Eye....where he took some chances and went in some different directions....especially on guitar.

JB continues to evolve. I get the feeling he can do anything he wants on the guitar....if a sound enters his mind, his fingers can express it. He seems so damn free on the fretboard.

Archived