Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitars That Catch Your Eye

django49

Well, at least MY eye.....I have always loved black and gold.

No, the black one is NOT heading my way. But I do like the "modern" twist on an old classic. Someone is gonna love that one!

hartung worntage 59.jpg

Hartung Worntage6.jpg

23 minutes ago, kizanski said:

LOVE the Embrace!!
Waiting for an affordable one - lol.

Affordable is a relative term, for sure. There is one on Reverb that is a beauty and RELATIVELY affordable, but.....I would have a hard time justifying snatching that over the McNaught Jamie gtrdaddy has posted here.

I DO still have the '57 Worntage (GT). Even though I have a surplus of Singlecuts and am TRYING to downsize, i would have a very hard time letting it go.

For me it's anything with some bright colors going on, especially Yellow. Of course the ones that give me the itch are always right handed since the world had decided that Lefty's only want black guitars. To get those colors I have had to take things into my own hands (with the exception of my Lefty Chap Sustainer which thankfully came from Hamer Yellow).

My Yellow Strats.jpg

Steinberger Spirit GUs.jpg

Ibanez DNA Clone2s.jpg

NICE!

I have made no secret of my appreciation  for his work. And, fortunately, have managed to find some "very fair" prices on some used ones, like the GT and this Sephir.

Hartung Sephir 7.jpg

FWIW, I found Frank pretty approachable about direct custom orders at (IMO) decent prices. Hope to have more to share on that front before too long.

Hartung Sephir 8.jpg

3 hours ago, django49 said:

No, the black one is NOT heading my way. But I do like the "modern" twist on an old classic. Someone is gonna love that one!

hartung worntage 59.jpg

Hartung Worntage6.jpg

VERY, VERY COOL! I love both of those guitars but..................... that Black one............,that HAS the LOOK for me.:wub:http://hartung-guitars.com/

20 hours ago, kizanski said:

LOVE the Embrace!!
Waiting for an affordable one - lol.

Don stole that Embrace; I had been the only other watcher on eBay.

I love the embrace, too.  Don's Junico, which had been briefly been in my hands, was one of my favorites.  Alas, my guitars gotta go.

8 hours ago, DBraz said:

An Embrace is certainly on my bucket list of guitars.  Such an elegant shape.  Modern with so many classic cues.  Do they sound as good as they look?

I have nothing negative to say about any part of these guitars. The sounds are as good as anything anyone makes, reflecting not only the workmanship, but also the materials. The German made pickups are great. If someone is thinking a classic singlecut (Les Paul) this is firmly in that camp. Keep in mind it is a 25" scale, has a thinner (and lighter weight) body than the Gibson and has coil splitting, so it is not an  exact clone. I would call it more versatile, but some might miss the added "thump" of the thicker slab of mahogany. The Sephir model gets it that much closer to the traditional guitar we all love.

FWIW, when I got the gold one, I decided to cut loose my long time and last remaining Gibson Les Paul. It was a very fine guitar. To me, this was better.

I appreciate Michael's comment. I was astonished to get it at the opening bid. I had gone back to place at least one added backup bid. probably at least $500 more, fully expecting to see more bids. But there were none. My lucky day!

I don’t think it fits my playing style, but I melt when I see these —they catch my eye, my heart and my d*ck 💕🤣

E516AC50-B289-4D6A-9998-B73D5B6D4024.jpeg

FE6674BB-1E7E-4404-9AC4-DB23C0D7030C.jpeg

On 8/29/2018 at 12:13 PM, django49 said:

hartung worntage 59.jpg

Hartung Worntage6.jpg

Reminds me of the Armada.  And that's a good thing.:

Ernie-Ball-Music-Man-Armada-620x400.jpg&

Archived