Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitars That Catch Your Eye

django49

1974 Gibson Les Paul Custom 20th Anniversary

Only cause it was my #1 from '78 to '82 and I loved the guitar and still miss it. Looked like it was carved out of a block of ivory.

The image below is one that's for sale at Emerald City in Seattle, but he wants $6K for it.

1974Gibson20thLesPaulCustom-3.jpg

Gardian.jpg

8 minutes ago, Camstone said:

1974 Gibson Les Paul Custom 20th Anniversary

Only cause it was my #1 from '78 to '82 and I loved the guitar and still miss it. Looked like it was carved out of a block of ivory.

The image below is one that's for sale at Emerald City in Seattle, but he wants $6K for it.

1974Gibson20thLesPaulCustom-3.jpg

Gardian.jpg

A guy in our local area has been sitting in with us at practice and he has a gorgeous '78 exactly like the one above.  It's so damn perfectly aged, it's amazing.  He won't part with it, but I'll get it someday!

...and it will be after he suffers from an”unfortunate accident”...

5 hours ago, cmatthes said:

...and it will be after he suffers from an”unfortunate accident”...

Honestly, he's great friends with our former two-term limited County Sheriff.  They were having coffee about three months ago and my buddy had some tremendous chest pain he discounted as indigestion.  The Sheriff rushed him to the hospital and they inserted three stents in his heart.  One in the dreaded widow-maker.  They told him he had hours to live.

He's being monitored in his rehab and is losing weight as prescribed.  That event is why he's decided he'd like to sit in with us and perform a few songs at our next few gigs.  He's not performed in twenty five years.  We're doing Tom Petty's Breakdown, John Anderson's Seminole Wind and Seger's Old Time Rock N' Roll with him.

I'd prefer he keep hanging around for decades than his Custom become available. I'm in the will. 

Archived