Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Phantom GT on reverb

"double locker Schaller tremolo?"  Umm, no. Not even close. Reason enough not to trust seller.  10 grand for it? Reason two.

I don't believe that is Glenn's, I don't believe that's how that guitar left the Hamer shop, and I'd like to see under the pickguard and serial number.  I think that one is a reworked '80s Phantom.

20 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

I contacted the seller " he's pretty responsive" and apparently there's no serial number & says he's owned it for over 15 years

"No Serial Number" = Reworked, redone, refinished.  I'd want an "under the hood" shot...

Any chance of sharing the seller's first or last name?

I have to agree with the rest of you that the Phantom GT replica guitar is overpriced,  has been refinished in black, and the electronics has been converted to a 2 humbucker guitar. I'm also not a fan of the Kahler tremolo bridge myself. The guitar with a missing serial number probably from having it refinished doesn't make me confident about buying it either. 

Guitar George

3 hours ago, cmatthes said:

"No Serial Number" = Reworked, redone, refinished.  I'd want an "under the hood" shot...

Any chance of sharing the seller's first or last name?

Sure it's Kevin Pittse... I'm finding his answers to my questions somewhat vague raising a red flag... 

It would be nice for $1000. $9k is crack-smoker territory. I'd like to see closer-ups of the inlays. The pics on Reverb look sketchy to me. 

BTW, I'm re-doing a Phantom I snagged on the cheap to be similar to this, but I'm never selling it and I'm keeping the original fretboard...

Saw Priest last week and was hoping for Glen T. to appear at the end for a couple of songs to take a last look at him and his GT( do not think I'll ever want to go see Priest again), but never happened...But bought me Faulkner's Epi V - the only Epiphone I purchased in my life. 

Well, actually, I did like the show. Rob was top notch, "Falcon" was great...I just can't get used to the idea of Andy on the right side, he is a good guitar player and all, but something is missing, like no connection to the band on stage. When Faulkner first hit the stage with Priest he fitted right in. Andy - feels like he is just temporary substitute. 

The V built perfectly, looks beautiful, and Ritchie actually played one thru the whole set, not his custom built, but actually an Epi and it sounded absolutely killer, but....it's been awhile since I seen a good fret job on an export model. I mean, they are good, large, fat, nicely installed, plecked probably, but - you could hear the scratching while bending, so they need polishing, that's the only complain so far. No biggie for me, I already polished them myself, but would be nice to have them glossy-shiny from factory.

Archived