Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB Hardtail A5 Phantom

Looking to pick up a 80s Phantom with hardtail bridge. Preferably with a medium\chunky neck like on the 90s  Eclipses. 

Also if someone has an extra old case for a A5 Phantom or knows what modern case would fit one that would be great too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 1:40 AM, Drastion said:

Looking to pick up a 80s Phantom with hardtail bridge. Preferably with a medium\chunky neck like on the 90s  Eclipses. 

Also if someone has an extra old case for a A5 Phantom or knows what modern case would fit one that would be great too.

First-generation, 3+3 h/s, mahogany necks: the Sustain-block trem. fitted ones have a chunky neck, the hardtail ones have a much smaller neck. True for the Blitz as well. Side by side, the difference is obvious.

1984 on, they are usually Kahlered, and the necks are no longer as chunky, and are switched to maple at some point in 84/85.

Thanks for the info Andrew remember that info was out there but for the life or me I couldn't remember where i read it from and I have been trying to remember where it was for a while now.

Bubs definitely will hang in there. I think i remember fawning over that looked just like yours but the seller said the fretts were filed down and i had no way to get a refret done. If thats the same  guitar I am really glad it happened to end up in your hands.

We like the Phantom over here and I don't discriminate either- floyd, kahler, sustain block trem, no trem, triplebucker or three singles, dots, crowns, LEDs, no markers, frets, no frets they is all good!!!

[b12c5ed2-eeb0-4d8b-a277-febac0e0231d.jpg

Let me see if I can dig out some of the weirdo ones now.

Enjoy

Peter

Hey Bubs,  I have my eye on something special so everythings for sale and I don't mean $50K either (unless you want me to arrange Jessica Alba to deliver it to you personally or you want 60 phantoms delivered to your garage.....😀).  Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Peter

Archived