Hamer Fan Club Message Center

If not an original Sustain Block bridge, what?

Drew816

1 hour ago, MannMade USA said:

Saddles in process...

Hamer Saddles - in process 02.jpg

Looks fantastic. 

Since the first 20 are already spoken for, should we still pre-order or should we wait until another batch is starting? I’m in no rush but I also don’t want to leave you hanging since I said I would take one. 

Thanks again for doing this. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/13/2020 at 1:50 PM, Travis said:

Looks fantastic. 

Since the first 20 are already spoken for, should we still pre-order or should we wait until another batch is starting? I’m in no rush but I also don’t want to leave you hanging since I said I would take one. 

Thanks again for doing this. 

PRE-ORDER now... I have already increased the quantity to 50 assemblies and 15 spare saddle sets. 

7 hours ago, hamerhead said:

Those look great!

Brilliant minds......:

100_0481_zpsbc10sxxy.jpg

I could only run 6 in a 4" vise. Boy, it's been a while.

You are too kind!  But all the credit goes to you for doing all the hard upfront work. It's a whole lot easier when someone else has done all the leg work, engineering, etc that you provided me with. Thank you!

BTW... I don't have to hand tap them, like you did. Been there and done that in my past too... and I'd rather not remember how tiring a task that was 😉

54 minutes ago, MannMade USA said:

You are too kind!  But all the credit goes to you for doing all the hard upfront work. It's a whole lot easier when someone else has done all the leg work, engineering, etc that you provided me with. Thank you!

BTW... I don't have to hand tap them, like you did. Been there and done that in my past too... and I'd rather not remember how tiring a task that was 😉

Hey there! Question here:

What’s “nickel hybrid” and “gold hybrid”?

Thanks in advance! 🙏🙇

25 minutes ago, zorrow said:

Hey there! Question here:

What’s “nickel hybrid” and “gold hybrid”?

Thanks in advance! 🙏🙇

Like PRS does with their stuff, mixing it up.

Nickel Hybrid:  (Nickel Bridge / Gold Saddles / Stainless Hardware)

Gold Hybrid: (Gold Bridge / Nickel Saddles / Brass Hardware)

8 hours ago, MannMade USA said:

Can't take the credit - Matt (Bruce919) provided the drawing files and Ed (stonge) did the 2Fig run on a manual mill(!!) and hand-tapped all those damn holes. He's a madman!

Mine were all CNC milled, drilled and tapped. But polishing all them little bast**ds before plating still sucked.

15 hours ago, MannMade USA said:

PRE-ORDER now... I have already increased the quantity to 50 assemblies and 15 spare saddle sets. 

Done!  Order #9317. Lets make it a good one. 😁

Thanks again for making these available. 

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on these?  I’m in no rush to receive but I am excited about a couple of project ideas I have for this bridge...

On 2/2/2020 at 11:47 AM, Travis said:

Any updates on these?  I’m in no rush to receive but I am excited about a couple of project ideas I have for this bridge...

Yep, wondering too, very exciting.  This is going on my (first ever) custom build that I just commissioned.

If I need another set of saddles, are the saddle sets still available?  I know you said above that you increased the qty but the website always says "out of stock" since we're preordering and I can't tell if all the extra saddle sets are spoken for or not.

5 hours ago, jginsj said:

Yep, wondering too, very exciting.  This is going on my (first ever) custom build that I just commissioned.

If I need another set of saddles, are the saddle sets still available?  I know you said above that you increased the qty but the website always says "out of stock" since we're preordering and I can't tell if all the extra saddle sets are spoken for or not.

My guess is you'd have better luck getting a reply from John contacting him directly, rather than posting on this thread.

14 hours ago, jginsj said:

Plenty of bridges and saddle sets are available. I up-ed production to 50 bridges plus an additional 25 full sets of saddles.

13 hours ago, MannMade USA said:

UPDATE...

Bridges are currently being polished and then it's off to the plating shop.
So I am revising ship date to mid February.

Hamer Sustain Bridge - pre-polish-plate.jpg

That looks fantastic. Thanks for the update. 

On 2/10/2020 at 4:52 PM, MannMade USA said:

Tell me more... photos ?

This is an OEM Sustainblock bridge on a custom Hamer.  The bridge has the saddles as H-I-G-H as they can go to clear the bridge pickup and maintain correct action.  There is no adjustment 'left' in the bridge, as I'm almost out of threads on the saddle screws.  Saddles are almost 30-45 degrees from the base of the bridge plate.  I need a 'spacer' to install under the Sustainblock plate to elevate it .  I'm close enough to your NH shop to bring the guitar in if you'd like to take measurements.

Bridge2.jpeg

Bridge.jpeg

Bridge3.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Never2Late said:

This is an OEM Sustainblock bridge on a custom Hamer.  The bridge has the saddles as H-I-G-H as they can go to clear the bridge pickup and maintain correct action.  There is no adjustment 'left' in the bridge, as I'm almost out of threads on the saddle screws.  Saddles are almost 30-45 degrees from the base of the bridge plate.  I need a 'spacer' to install under the Sustainblock plate to elevate it .  I'm close enough to your NH shop to bring the guitar in if you'd like to take measurements.

Bridge2.jpeg

Bridge.jpeg

Bridge3.jpeg

You’d be better off sonically using an ebony or rosewood shim. It will transfer string energy to the body better than an extra layer of steel. 

Yeah, my old ‘78 sunburst actually had pickguard plastic under the bridge acting as a spacer. No clue why they used that instead of the wood spacer but it still sounded fantastic. 

12 hours ago, Never2Late said:

Bridge2.jpeg

Bridge.jpeg

Bridge3.jpeg

Although it doesn't *look* great to have the saddles tilted up like that, unless you're running into actual functional issues you're probably better off leaving it as-is.

Archived