Hamer Fan Club Message Center

triple threat

2 minutes ago, Camstone said:

Wow, a $3300 guitar and the pictures look like they were taken by a blind man. The opposite of the glam shots that Daves and Wilcutt use.

GC's ecommerce game is embarrassingly bad.

It’s been on there for at least a week maybe 2.  I saw it awhile back.  I always wonder who takes a nice high dollar guitar like that to trade in at guitar center?  I’m actually surprised they know what it’s worth.  At standard rates I would rather buy something like this used from the current owner not a mega store where it’s probaly within reach of any schmuck.   Of course these aren’t for sale often but I believe there is one other listed on the board right now.  

On 9/24/2018 at 12:29 PM, ajm1966 said:

That is a odd guitar to come across for sale at a Guitar Center...................... ANY Guitar Center. A VERY high end  and rare Hamer,VERY surprised to see that there. Wonder what was the story behind that one as far as trade in because apparently it was traded in on something else. Hmmmmm .:unsure: I have a bud that wants this one bad but he will have to make a quick sale on a Les Paul to make it happen. Wish the photos were better................which you would think they would be for such a high end guitar.

3 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

That is a odd guitar to come across for sale at a Guitar Center...................... ANY Guitar Center. A VERY high end  and rare Hamer,VERY surprised to see that there. Wonder what was the story behind that one as far as trade in because apparently it was traded in on something else. Hmmmmm .:unsure: I have a bud that wants this one bad but he will have to make a quick sale on a Les Paul to make it happen. Wish the photos were better................which you would think they would be for such a high end guitar.

There’s one for sale on the board here. 

9 minutes ago, cynic said:

There's no longer one for sale in Mobile.

So you said you are near there and might drop in to check it out, you were saying earlier in this post......................................so is there a "Smile":) to go along with the "'There is no longer one for sale in Mobile" ?:unsure:

For as much as I have read on here regarding these guitars the price was NOT unreasonable................... described as in almost unplayed condition with COA,no mods with the OHSC,I'd say who ever bought it did good.:)

I wish I would have seen it.  Was it listed at $3300?  I've always been intrigued by the Triple Threats although I doubt I'll ever buy one.  It must of been priced right because it does not come up when I click the link.  I have to assume the buyer haggled a bit too.  

I've bought several used guitars from Guitar Center and watch the ones I'm interested in. They buy them cheap. I think their formula is they look up the average price of what the item has been selling for and offer around half. I've found that if a guitar sits for over 2 months they sell it for a lot less than asking. Best deals so far... a 1 off custom shop Woven wood Strat they had mistook for a classic player for 1K, and my Hamer Artist Korina P90 mint w Lollar 50's wind pups for $900.00. They didn't know it had the lollars in it, neither did I till I got it.

So long story short if they hand on to it for a while you can bargain.

Interesting to have TWO (of the 30 piece run) on the market at the same time and both still available a couple weeks later. The Triple Threat is (IMO) one of the most desirable guitars Hamer ever made. The only thing I would change would be to upgrade the stock pickups which (I think) are not quite up to the standards of the rest of the guitar.

Archived