Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1 Strap For All or Straps for Each Guitar

Dutchman

Oh god...I have one strap for each guitar AND it has to match the vibe of the guitar. I do carry around a gig bag with cables, mics, picks, combination tool and a set of 10's and 11's just in case. I also keep a Zvex Box of rocks in that bag in case something weird happens to my rig. Anyhow I digress. Some of my straps are custom and some are plain. It just depends on the guitar. 

For years I had one strap for everything, but just as I've accumulated a ton more gear since a.) I stopped doing music for real and b.) the internet happened, I've gotten a bit strap happy. I'd say I have a different strap for every other guitar now.

One strap per guitar, Dunlop strap locks on all. The strap is stored in the case, not attached to the guitar.
Except for checkerboard straps on some of the Hamers, everything else is Couch. (Since I'm not lucky enough to have any real Hamer checkerboard straps, I have to settle for Levy's/Planet Waves/Rock Steady.) Each strap is carefully selected for each individual guitar, of course. 😏
No tuners in the cases but there is a polish cloth and, most importantly, a pick. Few things are more annoying than taking a guitar out of the case and there's no pick available.

Now that I'm down to four electric guitars, a strap for each doesn't feel excessive. Not a fashion statement (three are pretty much identical woven plain cream cotton with leather ends). Strings in each case, just because I use different strings on different guitars and I'm getting old enough that I have trouble keeping track of which strings go with which guitar (I have a strong preference, just a rapidly declining memory).

Thank’s for all the reply’s, I guess I’m not the only one that’s guitarded... LOL... In the 80’s w all the midi effects I had all kinds of stuff I’d bring to a gig. It took me an hour to get my shit set up, slide into super tight pants and tore up shirt. Now it’s just a couple guitars, pedal board and a screamin amp!! Oh and a big belly to impress the geriatric generation.

I try to do a single strap, but mine are not adjustable enough to handle all my guitars comfortably.  I have a padded leather strap that I use on my traditional guitars and then two Mono straps:  one for my 8 string (which is short) and one for my Shishkov (which is longer).

Take that crap to the Outer Circle, gents!

:D

Archived