Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Best pinched harmonic.

fasteddie

Question

Well, thanks to all you guys with your answers, alas, they/you are all wrong (perhaps you didn't know it, but I shall educate you...please don't you dare thank me).

THE best pinched harmonic is played by rock's greatest guitarist ever, His Royal Tappingness Edwardo Van Halen. The song is Hang em High and the harmonic comes in at the end of the guitar intro, the last note played in fact. It is a great note because he HAS to nail it, as the song is paused for the rest of the band to come with only the last note played by the guitar to hold the listener's attention, so if he misses the note and there is no "hold" on the harmonic and there is dead space waiting for the drums, then the intro fails, but of course he is Eddie Van Halen, he ain't gonna miss it.

Thank you for your contributions, God Bless.

Barry Bailey, Atlanta Rhythm Section, including the updated studio re-make and live versions of "Another Man's Woman" (Red Tape and Are You Ready, respectively) as well as "Bless My Soul" when it changes key towards the end (album = Dog Days). There are some nice slightly distorted jazzoid chords on that one, as well.

+1 on Gibbons. Methinks the earliest I can remember was on "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers" and I recall thinking that it was probably accidental but it fit perfectly.

On 10/27/2018 at 11:35 AM, Willie G. Moseley said:

Barry Bailey, Atlanta Rhythm Section, including the updated studio re-make and live versions of "Another Man's Woman" (Red Tape and Are You Ready, respectively) as well as "Bless My Soul" when it changes key towards the end (album = Dog Days). There are some nice slightly distorted jazzoid chords on that one, as well.

+1 on Gibbons. Methinks the earliest I can remember was on "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers" and I recall thinking that it was probably accidental but it fit perfectly.

Just heard Bless My Soul last night and that is a KILLER ph.

Archived