Hamer Fan Club Message Center

F.S. Hamer Newport Filtertron SOLD!

I'm finding that I am only playing five or six of my guitars and with great reluctance, I am going to move this guitar along. I bought this three years ago and it has been out of the case perhaps two hours total in that time. Never gigged. No sense in having it sitting in the dark. Of all my Hamers, this Newport is the most unique and has by far the nicest flamed maple top. It makes me catch my breath every time I open the case.

She is a 2006 Newport in Cherry Sunburst. Three TV Jones Filtertron pickups with a five way rotary switch. Bound F-holes and body. Bigsby tailpiece, Grover Imperial tuners. Unlike most Newports that do not have a back plate, this has a mahogany control cover on the back.

Not sure how many Newports in this configuration were built, but I don't think it's very many. Original case, no COA. It is unblemished, I can't find any marks on it. A great example of Hamer workmanship at their peak.

This is a special instrument and it would be great to keep it in the HFC family. I'll offer it here first and then put it up on Reverb if one of you guys don't buy it.

These are the images from when I bought it off of Reverb. It still looks exactly the same.

CropperCapture[2].jpg

CropperCapture[3].jpg

CropperCapture[4].jpg

CropperCapture[5].jpg

CropperCapture[6].jpg

CropperCapture[7].jpg

CropperCapture[8].jpg

CropperCapture[9].jpg

CropperCapture[10].jpg

CropperCapture[11].jpg

CropperCapture[12].jpg

CropperCapture[13].jpg

8 hours ago, guitarmonk said:

Why did I have to open this thread this morning? That is an absolutely spectacular guitar. Even the backplate matches...

Or wow it has a backplate :) not a standard Newport feature but makes life so much easier

arniez

Atta boy!

I knew you'd come through.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:54 AM, kizanski said:

I never lusted after a Newport until I saw this one,
Selling that Les Paul hurt, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.
Thanks, Cam!

I'll take good care of the Les Paul.  Enjoy that beautiful and, I'm certain, great sounding guitar!

Archived