Hamer Fan Club Message Center

IF YOU COULD KEEP ONLY ONE

ARM OF HAMER

If you could only keep one guitar.....................you HAD to let ALL the others go, which one would you hang on to?...................right at this moment. Mine would be this one, as I don't know of a  guitar that could take it's place .It has it all, looks,sound, and playability.Sometimes I have it next to me just to enjoy looking at it..................maybe that sounds strange,but to me guitars have always been a piece of art as well  as a instrument This guitar is a old road warrior as far it's looks..........but that is part of it's beauty for me............. ah...........the romance of a guitar and it's owner.Z6Bam8d.jpgkdo5Xb2.jpgp3tGoDE.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have (and have had) guitars that most would pick as "better". However, since finding it six years ago, this is THE ONE that makes me a better player.  Strange as it may sound, sometimes a guitar can figure out exactly what you want to do BEFORE you do. This is that one. For me.

36248892635_f551e7dfaa_b.jpg

Huber Dolphin.JPG

17 minutes ago, atomicwash said:

Tough thread. It’s so difficult to pick favorites!

Remember..............................you HAVE to do it and can keep ONLY 1........................indeed a tough choice for some here as many members have Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more guitars than what I now have .

I bought this guitar a year ago and even with all of the incredible Hamers that I own, is the one that gets the most playing time when we gig. Just a killer combination of tone and feel. If I had to sell everything and keep one, this would be it.

2016 R8.

R8.jpg

IMG_8025 (1024x866).jpg

I really don't know know that I could make that decision.  If I had to right now, it would have to be this one.

#0066 OV 72018.jpg

66e.jpg

120917 studio2.jpg

The Daphne Blue MJT bound ash bodied/Musikraft roasted maple fat necked Cabronita/Tele that I got not long ago; with the Glendale hardware, P-90 pickups (Lollar bridge and TysonTone neck) and stainless steel frets.  I never had much luck with P-90s in the past, but the ones on this guitar sound great, no matter what kind of music I use 'em for...it's my 'doo-awl' guitar, it's versatile!

I’d let them all go before dying on the thought I’d taken the wrong one. Rather wallow in memories. 

The Mayday V, not only because of its playability and sound, but also because it is... what it is.

F42B0D84-231F-4D47-B8BE-1B67519AAF4D.jpeg

I struggle with this question every month.  I don't know why.  Maybe it's because at times I think what I already have is far more than I actually need.  My initial question is always - which five? - and that is hard enough.

If it was one, today, with no financial influence, it would be this one:

IMG_0481.JPG

1995 Korina Standard or 1978 4-digit Standard or 1980 4-digit Standard. I'd have to make a draw.

3 hours ago, zorrow said:

The Mayday V, not only because of its playability and sound, but also because it is... what it is.

F42B0D84-231F-4D47-B8BE-1B67519AAF4D.jpeg

You remind me of Jackson Galaxy, from the TV show My Cat From Hell! 

Jackson_photo_credit_Jeff_newton_150609_

Archived