Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1986 Hamer USA Cherry burst Blitz

That was the typical format for the Blitz guitars from that era, but for the flame veneer top.  I have seen several, and my local dealer in NC (Sam Moss) had a sunburst one (no binding) and a double bound Tangerine-finished one in his shop during the mid/late 1990s.  David Barker may recall one or both of those...

33 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Yup, this is the only Blitz I've ever seen with 24 frets

I've owned one.  They're definitely out there, especially from some point in early 1986, when 24 frets became "standard".  ')

15 hours ago, RobB said:

What’s wrong with a factory Kahler? Lock it down and keep the arm in the case. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it if you're into them.. I personally think they're ugly and bulky, & "for me" If I were to spend that much money, I would prefer not to have one... he obviously didn't like it because he replaced the original tremolo with the fixed bridge version that sits on top... leaving a hidden stash box underneath...

Please accept my apologies for those who own or play guitars that are Kahler equipped... it was not my original intention to denigrate the product as I have owned at least two guitars with Kahler trems... reading back, I made a insensitive comment, they are just not my personal preference these days that's all~

Archived