Hamer Fan Club Message Center

hamer daytona

Marcr

Question

I had a question about a Dayton.  I have a dark green Daytona with a maple fretboard, black painted head stock that says Hamer, with out a skunk-stripe.  However it does have an American made stamp on the back of it.  from what I've read about the Daytona's this is an over seas model. I love the feel of the guitar, the scale is a bit longer than anything i have played before.  I'm considering doing some mod's to it but if it's worth more than a couple hundred bucks then i might have 2nd thoughts. 

Thanks in advance

15 answers to this question

Is there a "USA" next to the R in "Hamer."  The black paint on the face of the headstock was a feature on the imports.  The American made stamp on the back of the headstock is confusing if the front is painted.  Can you post pictures?

Any modifications you make will not increase the value of most guitars.  If you love the guitar, and modifications will make you love it more, go for it. 

On 10/6/2018 at 7:05 AM, Marcr said:

...I'm considering doing some mod's to it but if it's worth more than a couple hundred bucks then i might have 2nd thoughts. ....

Mod away! Those ballpark around $150 or so, so you're not going to lose anything by making it the way you want it. On the flip side, at resale you won't gain anything by throwing a bunch of money at it.

I've had a couple of those and, while the neck didn't suit me personally, it was a solid platform. I wanna see it when you're done.

Thanks a lot from everyone's input, i appreciate it.  I was thinking of putting in a floyd rose and some new pickups in a H/S/S setup like a super strat.

When ever i mod, i keep the old parts in-case i decide to sell it.  Though with a floyd rose i don't think that's really an option.

Yeah...that decal is fake as hell!  

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

No, it's actually a real decal, Chris.

Touche.  Just nothing Hamer ever made nor applied to a guitar!

2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Yeah...that decal is fake as hell!  

Yeah, it's fake in terms of its content,  for sure.

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

No, it's actually a real decal, Chris.

The decal wasn't even applied correctly, as the owner cut off the "NOT" preceding  "American Made". 😄

I agree that it's a good mod platform. Any mistakes you make will be easier to swallow on something that has little market value. I think it's probably of reasonable build quality, although on modern Asian-made budget instruments, you often find somewhat bizarre evidence of "hand made" craftsmanship like on this SX Tele I bought years ago:

1936905_101414583281_828380_n.jpg

^^   Try, try, and try again!    ^^

Archived