Hamer Fan Club Message Center

DEMENTED built Epi Valve Jr. Heads-

Several years ago I had our very own Demented build me some killer Modified Epi Valve Jr. Heads.  Brian's workmanship is absolutely first rate, as is his selection of woods. In terms of the mods- beats me!  I'm sure I've got a list of them somewhere.  Again, anybody would be proud to have something like this knocking around their home or office.  Brian's work is fantastic.

I can't recall what I've got in each of these, however, I am sure that selling them at $200- each is way less than 1/2 of what I've got in each of them.  Here are some pictures.

Thanks!

IMG_8803.jpeg

IMG_8797.jpeg

IMG_8555.jpeg

IMG_8799.jpeg

IMG_8798.jpeg

These were pretty hot amps back then ( “hot” - meaning selling a lot). I remember I purchased 2 of them. Modified one, friend of mine loved it and grabbed it from me. Bought mods for the second one and never installed them, in fact in 10 ( I think) years I never got a chance to even open it, still factory sealed. 

Now iooking at yours I know what i want to do with it.

GLWTS

10 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

What are the differences between them? I see different configurations....

When I was a kid stores sold "grab-bags" for kids.  You never would know what you were going to get in the bag until you bought it.  ;)

Seriously, I don't honestly know.  Brian's amp tech did the mods 10 plus years ago.  I've asked him if he remembers, because I don't.

I'd be happy to take the chassis out and take detailed pics for you, if you'd like.  Just let me know.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, DEMENTED said:

Well there's a blast from the past. Still looking good! Joe, I sent you an email.

This from Our Good Craftman Demented this morning:

“I found some notes, the cherry/flame maple VJ has a gain mod, bright switch, boost switch and beefed up filtering. Cab should be serial #004. Amp is #05067994. The other one is red oak/mahogany,  serial #002 but I don't know what all the mods are. I show you paid $406 shipped for the cherry/maple one.”

I don't know that is correct, looking at them it appears the oak/mahogany one has all the switches added and a fx loop? The cherry/maple has a switch on back that was the boost. Both had upgraded filtering caps ,transformer and added gain. GLWTS!

Archived