Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ace Frehley Anomaly

bubs_42

Kiss was my first concert.  I saw them with Piper in 1976, I think.  Piper was pretty much like listening to a jet engine.  They were very loud and very bad.  I saw the front man for Piper about 8 years later during his coming out party in Birmingham. It also didn't go well, but the opening band (Saga) was amazing.

28 minutes ago, bigolsparky said:

I saw the front man for Piper about 8 years later during his coming out party in Birmingham. It also didn't go well, but the opening band (Saga) was amazing.

I guess he didn't rock you that night so his music just left you in the dark.... :-).

1 hour ago, HAMERMAN said:

I guess he didn't rock you that night so his music just left you in the dark.... 🙂.

Actually he did well.  Birmingham just wasn't ready for that in 1984.

3 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Are you talking about when the career killing video came out? 

No.  He actually did some very suggestive things on stage during this concert (with his drummer) that didn't fly too well in a 1980's Birmingham.  Oddly enough, it was during the song "The Stroke".

I have a very good friend who is a huge Kiss fan.  If you know me,  take my Cheap Trick fanboi and multiple that by 1001% and get somewhere close to this guys loyalty to Kiss - Gene Simmons specifically.  So it goes without saying anything any Kiss member has ever done - I hear about it.  

When Anomaly came out, I purchased it for the cover of "Fox On The Run", just classic.  All of the songs are typical Ace with Space Bear containing the standard rock groove most people love and respect from the Spaceman.  

Hard to believe Analomy was released 2009.  The timing of this post is good with Freley's "Spaceman" set to be released this week, he fires his band and hires Gene's and Kiss announces their latest, final tour.  Ace is probably going to rejoin Kiss for at least part of the next Kiss tour will it be as an opening act for Kiss or as part of the show? Maybe none of the above however, Kiss and it's members always makes some entertaining fodder.

Hamerica

The Loudwire article on Ace Frehley firing his old band and hiring a new one left out something important.  Ace's old sideman, Richie Scarlet, may have wanted to step aside.  Richie's wife has been living with ALS for a while.  For the past month his wife has been in the hospital, and she died last week.  Richie's priorities had to change in the past weeks, and how he feels going forward could be different.  The KISS Kruise starts at the end of the month.  That is a bit soon. 

This does not explain why Ace would get rid of his other two bandmates, unless he thinks it might take more time to rehearse with a new back up guitar player.  It is not like there are hundreds of guys who know those songs inside and out who can play on the professional level Ace's fans expect.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Hamerica said:

I have a very good friend who is a huge Kiss fan.  If you know me,  take my Cheap Trick fanboi and multiple that by 1001% and get somewhere close to this guys loyalty to Kiss - Gene Simmons specifically.  So it goes without saying anything any Kiss member has ever done - I hear about it.

Gawd, I’d kill myself. Definitely shotgun shampoo time...

8 hours ago, Armitage said:

Ace will tour with KiSS... for their new farewell tour.

Have they asked him now?  https://tonedeaf.com.au/ace-frehley-kiss-farewell-tour/

If he's on board, and they should bring back Peter too, then I will be there to see this charade of a cirkus one more time. Only seen kISS once, in 1986. Paul fell of the stage. I think he was drunk or stoned. Very funny it was.

Peter dug his own grave and got himself kicked out of KISS twice.  He will not be back. 

Paul would not have been drunk.  In 1986 he was the one holding the "band" together, and would never jeopardize a show. 

The multi-year final tour has not started yet, and we have a few years before a final tour date.  One-off shows, cruise ship packages, and Las Vegas residences have no scheduled end.  A lot of people will rush to buy tickets for the 2019 shows thinking it will be their last opportunity to see a KISS concert.  I will be going because I like KISS.

I think I will make myself start liking holograms in concert in order to enjoy KISS into my 90s. 

• 3 weeks later...

My good friend and guitar tech was a friend of Ace's for many years, he even wrote a book about Ace.  In the end, Ace treated him like crap and ruined the relationship.   Ace was an adequate guitarist, in a band where the sum was double the individual parts, but he acts like he reinvented the guitar ala Yngwie. 

14 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

My good friend and guitar tech was a friend of Ace's for many years, he even wrote a book about Ace.  In the end, Ace treated him like crap and ruined the relationship.   Ace was an adequate guitarist, in a band where the sum was double the individual parts, but he acts like he reinvented the guitar ala Yngwie. 

Ace vs. Yngvie. Haha. I will take Ace any day. Yngvie never invented a guitar that smokes hell fire. He also makes a way better guitar face. 

coolace.jpg

eaa4f902278ee5696b1618ddb1265e99--photo-

y4m26yzlSyzwaBkBwJHP87HAJ5bpYKNWCmPvhIbQ

31 minutes ago, Disturber said:

Ace vs. Yngvie. Haha. I will take Ace any day. Yngvie never invented a guitar that smokes hell fire. He also makes a way better guitar face. 

coolace.jpg

eaa4f902278ee5696b1618ddb1265e99--photo-

y4m26yzlSyzwaBkBwJHP87HAJ5bpYKNWCmPvhIbQ

Last I saw Ace he was in no better shape physically and broke financially, that is why his house in Tarrytown was foreclosed on.   Yngwie's livin large in Miami.

It's the one in the middle with the pool and tennis court. 

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/yngwie-malmsteens-house/view/google/

1 hour ago, Studio Custom said:

A former friend of Ace wrote a book about him, too.  Paul wrote about Ace in his book.  Ace is a source of humorous stories for former bodyguards.  Books about KISS mention problems with Ace.  The guy has stumbled through life and managed to come out on top. 

I like seeing Ace in concert, but would not want to get too close to him other than as a fan. 

Archived