Hamer Fan Club Message Center

For G&L Bluesboy, Gibson acoustic, Redplate Blackverb

For Sale USA  Bluesboy , sonic blue #1 neck factory pleked 8.75 # on my digital bathroom scale. G&G OHSC some scuffs in tolex but otherwise excellent. medium jumbo frets in excellent condition. Guitar itself has light player swirling etc , No dings Have COA and case candy. asking $ 1000 PP gift plus shipping offers considered

IMG_0520.jpgIMG_0620.jpgIMG_0621.jpg

Gibson Advanced Jumbo Rosewood back and sides Sitka top. Old Logo MOP inlays. This guitar sounds great with finger picking or strumming 25.5" scale. Chosen from many examples of AJ and J45 at the Music Zoo. Sadly the neck is giving me cramps when I play. Have all case candy warranty card and OHSC asking $2000 PP gift + shipping offers considered

IMG_2151_1.jpgIMG_2156.jpgIMG_2154.jpg

RedPlate  BlackVerb  update to current specs hand wired 6l6 goodness can run 6v6's as well. To my knowledge this is the only one ever done in Marshall cosmetics

1x12 cabinet loaded with WGS Retro speaker footswitch included mixture of old and new glass. BTW old glass did not make a significant difference in tone in this amp.

Amp has never been moved from my smoke free home close to new as you could get, if you could get one

Asking $2400 for amp and cab PP gift + shipping would rather not ship of course

https://www.redplateamps.com/blackverb.html

IMG_0208.jpgblackverbchassis.JPGredplate.jpg

More pics available on request

Conus only due to CITES considerations

IMG_0205_1.jpg

4 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

That Bluesboy....

You can thank G&L dealer Buffalo Brothers of Carlsbad, CA for the Bluesboy. Back around 1999 they started working with G&L to create some custom orders that became part of Buff Bros inventory. One such was the Bluesboy, which was such a success G&L added it to their standard product line plus adding it to the Tribute Series.

The reason I mentioned sonic blue for the G&L is that the color is more like robin's egg blue not as deep as in the straight on shot. I'll see if I can get some better pics up

ArnieZ

1 hour ago, shankyboy said:

A friend of mine plays a Red Plate amp and it is killer. 

Really an unbelievable amp but my neighbor started referring to our house as the Filmore East! I think something smaller is in order. Master volume is incredibly good, but I can't help myself:)

ArnieZ

2 hours ago, ArnieZ said:

The reason I mentioned sonic blue for the G&L is that the color is more like robin's egg blue not as deep as in the straight on shot. I'll see if I can get some better pics up

ArnieZ

Here is a G&L Legacy Special in Sonic Blue with 3-ply mint pickguard and knobs. As ArnieZ said, it's not as deep a blue as the straight-on shot at the beginning of the thread:

LGCYS_SONBLU_RW_VTGN_MINT-1200_nobkgrnd_

1 hour ago, Greg G said:

The Gibson looks sweet!  Would love to spend some time with it.  GLWTS!

you could spend many years with it if you bought it😀 Great guitar wish I could play it more!

arniez

9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

You can thank G&L dealer Buffalo Brothers of Carlsbad, CA for the Bluesboy. Back around 1999 they started working with G&L to create some custom orders that became part of Buff Bros inventory. One such was the Bluesboy, which was such a success G&L added it to their standard product line plus adding it to the Tribute Series.

Sadly, Buffalo Brothers are long gone. Sold off the business years ago and the new owner went another direction.  :(

9 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

Sadly, Buffalo Brothers are long gone. Sold off the business years ago and the new owner went another direction.  :(

Yep. I should have taken a closer look at their Facebook page. The most recent posts are from 2014. Still, they were a great shop and they originated (and named) the Bluesboy. They were very active on the GuitarsbyLeo website.

6 hours ago, Citrus said:

Gibson causing cramps because too skinny or fat??

Thinner than my hand prefers at this point. I,have  gotten use to bigger necks.  I would describe the neck as medium.

arniez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived