Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Hamer USA 2000 Artist at DGS

I think it's airier than a pure solid body, but this is really closer to a solid body

than a es-335 or even a 339...  just different construction wise.    Artists are

still cool however... one of my favorite hamers       

When I first opened the link I thought 'I didn't need to see that'. I was right.

It's not as dark in person as Dave's pictures:

050176B.jpg

...and more reddish/less orangeish than my picture: 

DSCN7719sm.jpg

It's a sweet darker burst and in really nice shape. Case is, too. Neck is maybe a tick to the bigger side of a medium C, with minimal fret wear.

The new Dave's in Madison is a nice place with some really great guitars. The staff is a bunch of longtime old school Madison-area musicians with a lot of knowledge and experience. My stupid drummer was with me and started yapping with one of them that he knew from the old days and I didn't think we'd ever leave. But it was awesome - real musicians with real-world experience giving useful information without the BS. God it was nice to be in a REAL music store again.

Thank you for the heads-up, Mr. Crunchee sir. I love you, my wife hates you. Now to finally plug it in......

On October 12, 2018 at 2:05 PM, hamerhead said:

The staff is a bunch of longtime old school Madison-area musicians with a lot of knowledge and experience. 

Interesting.  Anyone I might know?

You probably know Mike Turk and Pete Burling, Dave.  The repair guy was Adam Steinquist and the acoustic guy -who's name I can't recall - worked at Madison Music. The electric guy wasn't there Friday.

Artists are such great guitars. That touch of “airiness” in the tone is addicting...especially when the air is pulsing out of that F-hole on your arm!

Archived