Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Jason Becker project

diablo175

2 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

My question is, will there ever be an "Experience Becker" Tour? 

It would be interesting, and probably successful.  There are some guitar player collective tours out there already.  If there is one to benefit Jason Becker it would be a good thing.  I would rather pay to have some money go to Becker than go to Janie Hendrix. 

46 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

It would be interesting, and probably successful.  There are some guitar player collective tours out there already.  If there is one to benefit Jason Becker it would be a good thing.  I would rather pay to have some money go to Becker than go to Janie Hendrix. 

Definitely, there are enough guitar geeks and shred heads who still want to hear quality ax-manship and a tour like Experience Becker would have a LOT to appreciate.

Later this year the Generation Axe tour will begin with Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde, Yngwie Malmsteen, Nuno Bettencourt, and Tobin Abasi.  G3 on steroids! 

Any grouping of the players in the Valley Of Fire video above could make a good tour, and it would even work if the lineup changes from show to show. 

On 10/12/2018 at 10:21 AM, Steve Haynie said:

Later this year the Generation Axe tour will begin with Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde, Yngwie Malmsteen, Nuno Bettencourt, and Tobin Abasi.  G3 on steroids! 

Any grouping of the players in the Valley Of Fire video above could make a good tour, and it would even work if the lineup changes from show to show. 

Good point. I would imagine shredders of this caliber would have to rotate in and out of an ongoing tour like that. Despite being less than relevant in current mainstream music, they're still widely sought after and likely have their own tours and other musical projects that would necessitate rotating of featured hot shot ax-slingers.  

Can you imagine a stage full of all those guitarists? If you could work out the logistics of successfully mixing them live, it'd be a spectacle never to be forgotten.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:21 AM, Steve Haynie said:

That's a lot of guys with chops!  :) When I saw G3 in NY years ago it was Steve, Joe, and Yngwie. John Petrucci came out to play harmony leads with Joe on 'Summer Song', which was jaw dropping, and Neil Schon came out at the end so all 5 guys were on stage together. Not to go too off topic but if Joe keeps G3 going they should get a guy like Johnny Hiland to play as well, open it up to other non-metal extraordinary talents. Maybe Joe Bonamassa, or a Vince Gill type player.

Archived