Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Political correctness gone too far?

MCChris

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, polara said:

This has turned into an intergalactic flame war on TGP. I suggest mods lock it down fast here.

To be expected from the drama queens, panderers and man-children over there. Part of the HFC's appeal is our higher tolerance for adult discussions that don't involve the Big 2 Taboo Topics.

12 minutes ago, polara said:

This has turned into an intergalactic flame war on TGP. I suggest mods lock it down fast here.

What DOESN'T become an intergalactic flame war on The Rear Page?

And I don't think locking this thread down is the answer to political correctness running amok. In my opinion, it supports it.

It's his group, he can make the rules for it.

I've seen most of the memes he's talking about. I wouldn't say I find them offensive but I think they're pretty well played out.

2 minutes ago, Stike said:

It's his group, he can make the rules for it.

I've seen most of the memes he's talking about. I wouldn't say I find them offensive but I think they're pretty well played out.

We'd have to shut down the internet if it were to be scrubbed of jokes that weren't original, timely or funny.

Said internet has essentially given the entire population an equal and public voice. The vast majority of those people are insipid morons.

29 minutes ago, cynic said:

Agreed, and good on him for recognizing it for what it is.

"What it is" depends on the woman. My wife totally gets the guitar/handbag and guitar/shoes comparisons. I'm sure plenty of other women who are involved with guitar nerds, if not the majority, get it too.

As for the lying about purchases or the "you got that so I get this" dynamic, once again, those are manifestations of issues within particular relationships, not indictments of male-female relationships as a whole.

Okay, I'll play.

I'll just say that Wampler could have written, "Guys, I know you're half-joking with the 'gotta buy the little woman a purse' stuff, but out of respect for our sisters here who have had to endure some sexist s**t in order to play in what's historically been Boy's World, try to tone it down, or at least say that you and your boo have an agreemeont on your gear stuff? A lot of women like guitars more than shoes. Peace out."

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

"What it is" never changes, the reaction to it depends on the woman (or man).

Disagree. Jokes like the ones that have touched off this controversy can be self-deprecating, demeaning to others, or just plain silly.

I just find it funny how upset some people get over another person's rules on his own Facebook group? It is his group his rules, don't like it go someplace else. I can see part of the problem for him. Unlike the HFC post's on a Facebook page it can be shared or show up posted on someone else's (non-group member page) so that maybe where this comes from.  

The only similar rule we have here is that anybody who posts that "...No, First a Gibson, Then a Fender..." meme gets instabanned.   

WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!!

7 hours ago, cmatthes said:

The only similar rule we have here is that anybody who posts that "...No, First a Gibson, Then a Fender..." meme gets instabanned.   

WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!!

Is there a rule about posting a “...No, first an Epiphone, then a Squier...” meme?  Do those people get banned with imported prejudice?

Archived