Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Political correctness gone too far?

MCChris

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, jwhitcomb3 said:

Curious to see the responses from women on our board.

:

:

:

:

Oh, wait, there are no women on our board.

Probably for the same reason there are few men on handbag forums. In both cases, trying to be "inclusive" won't change those numbers in any significant way.

I'm not sensitive to anyone that is that sensitive.  I've had my fill of people that can't deal with the adversity of reality.  And humor in poor taste is the spice of life.  Don't come around me, if you don't like me making fun of anything about you.  Oh, and I'm fair game.  No worries.  I grew up years ago... 

11 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

Man... some people are just too sensitive. However, a few of the memes really are in poor taste.

Most of them are just kind of lame dad jokes but the one where the woman gets pushed off a cliff I think is a bit much. If that makes me a beta cuck snowflake whatever I'm okay with that.

Keep it up guys. It's raining hard today and I got nothing to do but read all these little bits of .... hmmm, not sure what they are, but it beats the days when the server is being repaired.

I remember a case on Facebook in a group about vintage Gibsons, there was a guy who posted his Gibson Les Paul Recording, which seemed to be his pride. That is nice, I commented that I never had the guitar on my radar as I never enjoyed the visuals of that model, but was surprised that I actually liked the tone of those seeing a YT clip of those. So, the guy seemed a little pissed at me in a quite elitist/snobbish way because of my comment. So, we went back and forth, I tried to be civil and friendly and wanted this silly stuff to end but he wouldn't let go off, calling me attention seeker. And several other people commented in favor of him and took a piss on me. One guy especially wanted to ridicule me there. Funny thing, since I had written with him in a more civil manner in the Hamer Facebook group and he didn't seem to recognize me in the Gibson group. He just seemed to take advantage telling the others that I badmouthed him before (when I told him that I am no SG guy but liked the tone of his SG). It turned bad quite fast that I quit that group in the end, it just had become silly. I said to myself, there is no need to a social connection if I can't get along that well with those people. I wonder if that guy is also here. Hey, if you recognize yourself in this story, quit whining, LOL.

Men make jokes. Insulting jokes. Dudes insult each other for fun, and real men get it. Sure, if you don't like someone else's rules on their own page, just don't visit it. I'm fine with people being free to place rules on their own page. The problem is when you have a cartel of wimps controlling most of social media and forcing their wimpiness on everyone. What happened to real dudes who know how to take a joke? Besides the HFC forum, there are few places where a guy can still act like a guy without a bunch of snowflakes getting their panties in a twist. Long live the HFC.

Just because this has been a civil thread about an interesting topic does not give anybody license to violate any of the very few and very simple rules we have here at the HFC.  Political and political-leaning/controversial posts are getting (and now have been) whacked.

If you don't like the three or four rules we have here, go to the Gear Page.

4 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Just because this has been a civil thread about an interesting topic does not give anybody license to violate any of the very few and very simple rules we have here at the HFC.  

Who said it did? I didn't.

8 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Political and political-leaning/controversial posts are getting (and now have been) whacked.

Then since you're an admin, maybe you should consider deleting the Outer Circle forum...

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 1.18.30 PM.png

16 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

If you don't like the three or four rules we have here, go to the Gear Page.

Sir, yes sir. And what exactly is the URL to the "three or four rules"? 

50 minutes ago, Moxie said:

Who said it did? I didn't.

Then since you're an admin, maybe you should consider deleting the Outer Circle forum...

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 1.18.30 PM.png

Sir, yes sir. And what exactly is the URL to the "three or four rules"? 

Was YOUR post deleted?  No.

Do we allow politics or religion ANYWHERE on the HFC?  No. Not even in the OC. 

Not sure what you're getting at, but you're going about it all wrong, in any event.

It's our forum, and we've done quite well for 22 years running things.  If you have a problem with something, you can use the PM or report function just like everybody else does.

Archived