Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I really hate to do this: Flamed Korina Artist w/ SD ultimate pups

I thought I would never part with this one, long time members know this guitar;

a beautiful flamed Korina Artist in Jazzburst with SD ultimate pups.

This was my first HFC purchase from a family member of, (I believe) the original owner.

$1350 plus actual shipping charges; more photos and detailed description to follow.

A7AC07BF-2F35-475B-B8F2-55F092941DBD.jpeg

I will get more photos and a full description posted today.

I purchased this 6 or 7 years ago from the brother of the original owner here on the board.

The guitar, and the original owner / forum member, was well known to members at that time due to the unique figure in the Korina.

It had the Ultimates already installed in the guitar when I purchased it.

It has a backplate signed by Jol, and I had, and I may still have, a photo of Jol and the owner with the guitar.

Condition is very good to excellent, one tiny pin point ding on the back edge as I remember.

I will take fresh photos and post a full in hand description later today.

Additional information:

I purchased this guitar in 2011 or  slightly before here on the board.

In 2012 I had to have 2 emergency surgeries, January and July and was hospitalized for a total of 5 weeks, out of work for 6-8 months.

I sold off some guitars at that point for financial reasons but I recall keeping the Flame Korina Artist at that time.

That sequence of events puts the purchase in 2011 or just before.

18 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

What’s the story on the Ultimates? How did they wind up in that? (No pun intended)

Never heard of SD Ultimate pickups... can't find any info on them either... can somebody chime in with some info?

With that info I was able to find a little info... 

The 
magnets are alnico v bar magnets with nickel silver bottom plate, nickel plated studs, wood spacer and cloth braided single conductor hookup wire. The pick up covers are made from a special grade of nickel silver commonly called German silver. The covers adjustable pole pieces and ferrous studs are plated with 24 karat "hard gold". The specs on mine are bridge: 8.52k gauss 20 neck 7.15k gauss 20. they are all individually hand done but I'm sure the specs are relatively close.

I am sorry, but I am taking the Korina Artist off the market.

I put fresh strings on and buffed it up with a microfiber polish cloth for photos;

then I plugged it in for a while.

It is just worth more to me than a fair asking price; I will find something else to sell and keep this beauty.

I know I would not find another like it if I tried to replace it after the sale.

Thank you for the interest and comments, and sorry for pulling it off the market after posting the listing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That’s my old artist. I had it signed by Jol when he was doing his guitar guru tour back when I lived in St Louis. I had him sign the cavity cover because I didn’t want to “ruin” the finish, didn’t think his signature was going to increase the value at all and the cover could easily be replaced if I or someone else didn’t want the signature on there. 

The guitar was “kind of” a gift from my ex wife so when we split up I just didn’t want it around anymore. My brother bought it from me and I flew it out to San Diego when I went to visit him. He couldn’t get along with the fat neck. 

I loved the neck on that guitar and only the sharp V contour on my Talladega have I ever loved more. 

I put a few different sets of pickups in there over the years and settled on a pair of Duncan “Ultimates” that I got from a guy who took them out of his Artist Ultimate in favor of a pair of EMG anniversary actives...

The pic in the listing is a pic I took when I lived in St Louis probably around ‘05-‘06. I could probably find the pics of Jol signing it somewhere...

5 minutes ago, Travis said:

That’s my old artist. I had it signed by Jol when he was doing his guitar guru tour back when I lived in St Louis. I had him sign the cavity cover because I didn’t want to “ruin” the finish, didn’t think his signature was going to increase the value at all and the cover could easily be replaced if I or someone else didn’t want the signature on there. 

The guitar was “kind of” a gift from my ex wife so when we split up I just didn’t want it around anymore. My brother bought it from me and I flew it out to San Diego when I went to visit him. He couldn’t get along with the fat neck. 

I loved the neck on that guitar and only the sharp V contour on my Talladega have I ever loved more. 

I put a few different sets of pickups in there over the years and settled on a pair of Duncan “Ultimates” that I got from a guy who took them out of his Artist Ultimate in favor of a pair of EMG anniversary actives...

The pic in the listing is a pic I took when I lived in St Louis probably around ‘05-‘06. I could probably find the pics of Jol signing it somewhere...

I have been using your picture because it is Perfect and I have not been able to come close to the picture quality you achieved.

I bought it from your brother as my first HFC purchase years ago; some guitars have come and gone since then, even a few Hamers; but I couldn’t pull the trigger on selling this one even though I need to downsize.

2 minutes ago, GASguy said:

I have been using your picture because it is Perfect and I have not been able to come close to the picture quality you achieved.

I bought it from your brother as my first HFC purchase years ago; some guitars have come and gone since then, even a few Hamers; but I couldn’t pull the trigger on selling this one even though I need to downsize.

Yeah, it was one of the best sounding and playing guitars I’ve ever owned. Probably top 2 or 3. Only sold it because I was starting my life over and wanted to get rid of everything that reminded me of the old days. 

In retrospect, I should’ve been less of a bitch and kept the guitar. It really is that good...

29 minutes ago, Travis said:

Yeah, it was one of the best sounding and playing guitars I’ve ever owned. Probably top 2 or 3. Only sold it because I was starting my life over and wanted to get rid of everything that reminded me of the old days. 

In retrospect, I should’ve been less of a bitch and kept the guitar. It really is that good...

Well, here's your chance. It's been away enough to have fully washed the stink of your ex off of it.

Archived