Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD F/S Super Champ x2

Can't tell you how many nights I used one of those for a "casual" with nothing more than my favorite juice box in front of it. Never let me down. And seldom, if ever, did it not sound as good as anything else in the room.

• 3 weeks later...

Somebody buy this. I have two already or it would be here.

I've gigged mine for 5 years or so and it has performed flawlessly (although it's in a custom 1x12 cab), and the weird looks you get from other guitar players is priceless. "That does THAT?!" It's pretty funny. After playing it, even the local snob - with his 65amps, Divided by 13s, and other such nonsense - sheepishly admitted it sounded really good.

Somebody buy this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have Feynman's old SCXD (yes I know, premium stank).  I biased at 22mA with a JJ driving two Sovtek 6V6s. It gets very glassy very quickly.

I stuck an Eminence Red Coat in it with very good results.

Recommended!

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, rugby1970 said:

How well does the clean channel take pedals?

Maybe someone else can answer this. I haven't played it enough to know:huh:. I'll give a spin later. It does not have a lot of headroom from what I remember. It does have decent models that are overdriven

arniez

2 hours ago, ArnieZ said:

Maybe someone else can answer this. I haven't played it enough to know:huh:. I'll give a spin later. It does not have a lot of headroom from what I remember. It does have decent models that are overdriven

arniez

I have the first version of the X2.  CH1 on my X2 takes the Route 66 (OD+compressor), H20 (Chorus+delay) and Mr. Hyde (Distortion) just fine.  CH2 is where the overdrive channels are and they're pretty good to my ears. 

And as far as headroom, I think it's fine for bedroom volumes.  But if you're asking it to do more .... it's only a 15 watt amp.

The newer version has even more sonic options.  At this price, this looks like a no brainer. 

2 hours ago, rugby1970 said:

How well does the clean channel take pedals?

Great. I use Channel One 95% of the time. I've used every pedal I own on Channel 1 and the only ones that sound bad are the ones bubs recommends. I don't know why that is. It'll stay pretty clean to 1/2 volume depending on tubes and speaker(s), then has a nice natural breakup. The best thing you can do is install decent tubes and re-bias it. Made a dramatic difference to mine. 

Channel 2 has 16 models that sound really good with no pedals, from mild OD to non-metal distortion. I don't use it enough for some reason.

With the Fuse software you can tweak and save single effects and/or combinations of effects (to 16 presets) to make them very usable .

The only real downside to this amp is the shitty footswitch. It'll switch channels, but doesn't let you switch between the effects presets (only on/off).

Archived