Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitar skills implants

JimiH

Just make me 100% employable as a guitar player, and that would be a great thing. 

It has been fun to play different styles of music.  Getting a gig playing something really well would be a great reward regardless of whether or not the style of music would be my first or second choice.  The best band I ever played in was a country band even though my dream was to play heavy metal.  If all the metal guitar implants are gone, western swing can be cool. 

I have had a crappy 3rd generation, spliced and stretched cassette version of a Chinese EVH knockoff implant installed since the 80s.  And I can't seem to erase it.

That said, I'd opt for the Paul Gilbert Picking package coupled with the Vintage EVH Tone package. And maybe the Ace Frehley: Where am I? package.

50% Eric Johnson
50% Jimmy Page
50% Joe Satriani
50% Billy Gibbons
50% Steve Vai

That might be a little more than 100%, but I need all the help I can get.

Although I love Brian May, I don’t see the sense of it. What would it being inked?

Don’t even have a tattoo and have a great life. B)

I'd have to go a different route:

Part Hubert Sumlin for spacing, rhythms and leads

Part BB King for his phrasing and vibrato

Part Duane Allman for his slide

Eric Clapton for his all around ability

I can do a little bit of the styles of guys I've been following for ever, so I would go with someone out of my comfort zone like Johnny Hiland or Albert Lee. Johnny has a bunch of free lessons on youtube, I've been having some fun with them lately.

Archived