Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Reverb 4 digit Standard

Damn that's sexy! If the price wasn't so , uhh ... pricey, I'd hit that. Even a Floyd whore like myself needs at least one stop tail in their arsenal. And they don't come much more badass than that!!!

ETA- even with make an offer option, that's still gonna be outta my ballpark.

Nice.  Not lovin’ the wording factory neck shaved in the title.     Sort of implies it was done after.  If it was simply custom ordered with a slimmer neck profile probably better to say that.     Seller in new Hartford.  Interesting.  

22 hours ago, Dutchman said:

Close up of nut.

n0hlyxqe7wwhmmxbiyte (2).jpg

Not only nut. Watch at the 1st fret!

On 10/20/2018 at 9:33 PM, gorch said:

Not only nut. Watch at the 1st fret!

It has been re-fretted, says so in the ad. Nut might need adjustment, or replaced. It's a 37 year old guitar. 

49 minutes ago, Disturber said:

It has been re-fretted, says so in the ad. Nut might need adjustment, or replaced. It's a 37 year old guitar. 

That's no excuse for such a sloppy job.  

19 minutes ago, kizanski said:

That's no excuse for such a sloppy job.  

Certainly not. Done by a moron.

• 3 months later...

So what all do you see at the nut?  Incompetent nut replacement, with even more incompetent finish touch-up?  Anything more fundamental that a competent set-up couldn't set right?

Wording of the ad definitely suggests the work was done after leaving the factory the first time. But for what it's worth, the neck doesn't sound that skinny (I've emailed the guy): .81 at the first fret, .875 at the 12th, .937 at the 15th.  That sounds fairly standard to me for 1981, maybe a hair skinnier.

As an aside, is there anything worse in the world than having a favorite guitar goobered up in a refret?  Happened to me once.

Archived