Hamer Fan Club Message Center

new old stock standard?

That’s quite a nice one. They call great prices on these nowadays.

Guitar must've been listed on Reverb for a long time, what with over 5400 views of this listing.  Just curious, at what point does a 'Brand New' (according to the Reverb listing) 10-year-old guitar become NOS?  And does anybody know if the seller is actually the original Hamer dealer, the original owner but NOT a Hamer dealer, or what? 

19 minutes ago, crunchee said:

Just curious, at what point does a 'Brand New' (according to the Reverb listing) 10-year-old guitar become NOS?

That question has been debated for years and I don't think there will ever be a resolution or consensus, but I do know that, "...if you're looking at this you know what it is," is one of the more lazy and hackneyed phrases in all of ebay/Reverb-dom.

20 minutes ago, kizanski said:

That question has been debated for years and I don't think there will ever be a resolution or consensus, but I do know that, "...if you're looking at this you know what it is," is one of the more lazy and hackneyed phrases in all of ebay/Reverb-dom.

thats the clean truth. certainly not true. i dont know what this is..ha ha. i suppose a conversation could be had with the seller, but to your point, just give the background. 

He'd only have to come down if he actually wants to sell it.

25 minutes ago, cynic said:

The V2 knob looks like it’s closer to V1 than it is to the tone knob. Is that a standard Standard “feature”?  I’ve never measured it but I’ve thought that about one of Standards before too. 

Has to be the picture angle.  They're evenly spaced in person.

Archived