Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Reportedly Tom Petersson's 1974 Pre-Production Standard Bass -

Hmmm...  Someone getting rid of their private stash???... Real Deal or Fugazi????

Reverb Ad states:

This bass was mentioned on page 41 of "The Ultimate" An Illustrated History of Hamer Guitars.  "Hamer recalls that Tom Petersson had ordered a greenburst bass and told several people about it before it had even been built."  If I had known the book was being assembled, I would have gladly contributed photos of the bass.  

https://reverb.com/item/16034132-hamer-pre-production-custom-built-for-tom-petersson-1974-green-sunburst

Already in the hole from divorce... $50K asking price tag doesn't help ;)

I was going to balk at the $50K ask, given the the bass is "100% original," except for a headstock repair, changed tuning machines and "the addition of a clear scratch guard."
However, at the end of the ad it says, "Price is very fair," so I must be wrong.

A lot of us grew up with Tom Peterson on late night TV.....

He was always full of "cheap tricks".

That picture of the neck joint shows some weirdness going on around the fretboard.

I just don't see why anyone would want to pay that much for ANY guitar, regardless of who owned it.

10 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

I just don't see why anyone would want to pay that much for ANY guitar, regardless of who owned it.

Agreed, and of all of the guys that could command a "celebrity premium" for their gear, I don't see Tom Petersson as one.

3 hours ago, Drew816 said:

The guy has one other sale on Reverb, that builds confidence.

$50k plus shipping, too funny. Maybe if he'd throw that in...

Funky axe though!

Yeah, like he's losing money on the shipping.  For that price, a personal courier should deliver it.  

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder what Shifty Henry's 51 Fender bass would be worth?    So, it's all relative. It's worth what someone is willing to pay.   Some people have so much money they would gladly pay an extra 200 bucks for shipping,  and consider it tacky to ask for free shipping. 

The ad says, "or best offer".

I know that a couple of years ago, Baz Cooper had a tasty Hamer Thunderbird eight string that was owned by and played by Tom.

It can be seen on a Conan O'Brien, Concrete Blonde performance with Tom on bass.   I think he was asking $14 or $15 K.  Very fair indeed!  But I digress.

Man, I just realize we run into Christmas time. People pull out their special offers...

Love me some Dantzig guitars for that price point.

1 hour ago, Studio Custom said:

The fact you are not concerned about the the delivery person's gender or appearance says a lot.  

Not nearly as much as what your appearance says about you. 

On 11/8/2018 at 1:38 PM, THTCoop said:

I wonder what Shifty Henry's 51 Fender bass would be worth?    So, it's all relative. It's worth what someone is willing to pay.   Some people have so much money they would gladly pay an extra 200 bucks for shipping,  and consider it tacky to ask for free shipping. 

The ad says, "or best offer".

I know that a couple of years ago, Baz Cooper had a tasty Hamer Thunderbird eight string that was owned by and played by Tom.

It can be seen on a Conan O'Brien, Concrete Blonde performance with Tom on bass.   I think he was asking $14 or $15 K.  Very fair indeed!  But I digress.

I still Have that Bass!!!! I threw that up there for Shits and Giggles...It is a one of a Kind bass and REALLY cool....plus I thought there were some wealthy Tom  Fans who MAY just splurge...I honestly think that guy selling the should be asking NO more than $10,000 or less for his Hamer Standard...being that the headstock is Fucked...changed Tuners....Pickguard added...

On 10/23/2018 at 2:57 PM, kizanski said:

Agreed, and of all of the guys that could command a "celebrity premium" for their gear, I don't see Tom Petersson as one.

Not even Sting's Cruise Bass would sell for 50K. Even if he was included in the sale offering 24 hours free tantra sex.

22 minutes ago, donner said:

Getting cheaper & cheaper.

In the end, there is waiting a bargain...(black friday?)

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-15 um 19.51.14.png

I haven't seen such a generous offer in at least 3 days when I opened up my

real estate tax bill.  They jacked up everyone's assessment 25% and lowered

our rate per thousand 15%.  making it look like the deal of the century.          

Wish I had kept my B12S that Tom Petersson used to play...

Hamer B12S.jpg

B12SHS.jpg

Tom Peterson 12.jpg

On 11/15/2018 at 10:52 AM, donner said:

Getting cheaper & cheaper.

In the end, there is waiting a bargain...(black friday?)

Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-15 um 19.51.14.png

... and this just in:

$34,995 + Free Shipping

Archived