Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1981 Hamer Special Blue

16 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

Or for 1/2 that you can have a Trixter owned Special...

Special in name only, completely different guitar. 

$1400 should get a great Special in great condition. That’s an unknown Special in fair condition. 

On 10/23/2018 at 5:25 PM, Hbom said:

I bought my blue Studio from Rock N Roll Vintage a couple of years ago.

Real scumbag! Don't anybody even call them! These guys really suck and ship bad and all that.

There. That ought'a hold you off until the price drops and I can get them to accept my reasonable offer.;)

Several years ago I bought an "all original" 1965 Lake Placid Blue Jaguar from R N R. When it arrived and I unpacked it, I realised that the guitar case was partly open and the headstock was sticking out. One of the tuners was bent but otherwise there appeared to be no damage to the guitar. I still thought it weird that there should be space in the box for the case to pop open (I as always told to pack everything as tight as possible so the guitar can't move). On closer inspection I realised that all pickguard screws on the Jag were golden, like... shiny and brand new looking golden. Surely these were not the original 1965 screws? I decided to call R N R and explain about the screws. They said: "Oh, we forgot about the screws!"😂 To this day I wonder if they forgot to mention them in their description or if they had meant to change them before selling the guitar. They said: "How many do you need, will send them to you". I asked them where they would get the screws from? They said: "Oh...we'll just take them of another guitar"🤣😂. I counted all screws around the pickguard and they did send the exact amount I had counted. Upon replacing the screws I realised I had forgotten the hidden one underneath the mute. 🙄😂....Serves me right. Ended up buying another one the same year at Guitar Center Boston and the guys were really great about everything and the item , a 1966 Jag, was exactly as described. Man, I'm just not cut out for all that vintage dealing. It's probably a good thing I don't have any money lying around these days.

That blue Special does look awefully nice though🤔😜

P.S. If anyone is in the need of golden Fender pickguard screws I might still have them lying around somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:21 AM, bruce919 said:

Wasn't the Special given to John Lennon by Rick a Light blue color?

LennonsHamer.jpg

Archived