Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB 70s Ibanez LS Bridge

They are TOM/Nashville-like, but definitely different.  Used on 70s Fujigen stuff... (and Deans briefly, after Gibson stopped supplying bridges)

There is one on Ebay, but it has plastic saddles.  I'm after one like in the photos below, since a previous owner's acid sweat tore up the metal saddles on mine pretty bad:

ip9ffDu.png

13Cq8YT.png

They will show "LS Bridge Made in Japan" on the underside.

Thanks!

Huh! I did not know that. Dean mentioned in his blog that Gibson cut off his hardware supplies, thus having to convince Schaller to fill the void. No mention in Dean’s blog of Ibanez stepping up in the interim. 

Man, just when you think you know it all...

45 minutes ago, RobB said:

Huh! I did not know that. Dean mentioned in his blog that Gibson cut off his hardware supplies, thus having to convince Schaller to fill the void. No mention in Dean’s blog of Ibanez stepping up in the interim. 

Man, just when you think you know it all...

Yeah - not sure how long he was using this bridge as a stopgap, but I've noticed other specimens with 'em from this timeframe ('79 in this case).  I speculate that he probably leveraged the Ibanez connection he mentions in the blog for these bridges once Gibson cut him off.

The bridge I removed (in pic below) is currently immersed in wd40.  Hoping I can manage to get the bass side stud un-seized and limp along with the sloppy saddles until one surfaces...

1O7ykPx.png

4 hours ago, RobB said:

One of the Real Guitars guys is going to check his box of Ibanez parts. Sez he'll get back to me in a few days. 

Fingers crossed!

Hey thank you RB!!  Yeah just let me know if he digs one up. Saw one pop up Ebay too - saddles are in good shape, but the plating is pretty rough for what he's asking.

I got that corroded bridge limping along after a three day wd40 soak.  Saddles are toast, but at least I can adjust the height now.  Killer guitar otherwise- really happy with it.

Thanks again

On 10/25/2018 at 6:43 PM, chromium said:

Yeah - not sure how long he was using this bridge as a stopgap, but I've noticed other specimens with 'em from this timeframe ('79 in this case).  I speculate that he probably leveraged the Ibanez connection he mentions in the blog for these bridges once Gibson cut him off.

The bridge I removed (in pic below) is currently immersed in wd40.  Hoping I can manage to get the bass side stud un-seized and limp along with the sloppy saddles until one surfaces...

1O7ykPx.png That bridge does look frozen in time but..................instead of WD try penetrating oil instead, I have saved a  few bridges and gotten things moving again using that.....................good luck!, cool guitar!

Archived