Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA Another Crack Smoking Seller

6 minutes ago, currypowder said:

I get that it's cool and rare and one of a kind, but $50K? C'mon man.

It seems I've seen this one pop up before, I'm sure some members here know all about it.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/msg/d/be-the-only-person-to-have/6732149832.html

The story he has written in the ad seems rather wierd to me: he says he wanted a Gibson 1275 double neck and then later received a call to to say that a guitar that he either didn't order or had forgotten that he'd ordered(?) and is nothing like what he claims he wanted was ready to be collected... very strange

For $50k, you'd think the seller would have better pictures. For example, I don't see "Hamer" on the headstock; rather, from what I can see, it says "Hame." And the bottom headstock doesn't show anything.

I'd pull the trigger, but I don't like green.

Plus I've already made arrangements to sell both my kidneys to buy that Tom Petersson Standard bass and that hollow-body flametop Cruise bass.

It looks similar to Paul Stanleys. I don't know if he had a 12 string neck on his. Cool. But that price is a tad to high for me.

4 hours ago, kizanski said:

He lost me with the ad title: "Be The Only Person To Have This Guitar."

Think of any guitar you have.
Then ask yourself, "How many people have this guitar?"

Weeellll...  For the kind of money the seller is asking it might take a collective of buyers to come up with the money.  The guitar would be bought in a way similar to buying a time share condominium. 

1 minute ago, Steve Haynie said:

Weeellll...  For the kind of money the seller is asking it might take a collective of buyers to come up with the money.  The guitar would be bought in a way similar to buying a time share condominium. 

Agreed.  I would also go so far as to say anyone with 50 grand to spend on guitars isn't searching Craigslist to buy guitars.

When I first saw the ad I read it as $5,000.00.

I immediately thought that was on the upper end of reasonable for that guitar, close to it's original list price.

We're seeing a lot of very interesting Hamers listed for sale recently.

Damn, I think I remember seeing that same guitar (or its twin...which is impossible since then the “I have the only 1275 ever made...” comment a dubious claim at best) come up for sale about a decade  ago (give or take a couple years either way) for under $4K.  An emerald green Artist Custom doubleneck is something you don’t forget seeing.   Super cool guitar, but not worth the price of a 2 bedroom house in some parts of the country.  To me anyway.

1 hour ago, holLoWskull said:

Damn, I think I remember seeing that same guitar (or its twin...which is impossible since then the “I have the only 1275 ever made...” comment a dubious claim at best) come up for sale about a decade  ago (give or take a couple years either way) for under $4K.  An emerald green Artist Custom doubleneck is something you don’t forget seeing.   Super cool guitar, but not worth the price of a 2 bedroom house in some parts of the country.  To me anyway.

I thought it looked familiar, right down to the 'Joel Danzig' (hoo hee?) name drop.  Some mention of it might be somewhere in the HFC archives.

That green one is the only one that was built.  Jol let me engineer the tooling and write the CNC programs to make it a production model.  I must have gone through 200 or more tops to find a AAAA flame top wide enough to make a double neck and then they killed the flame with green paint.

id give $10 k for that all day long if someone could convince the seller to take it.

On 10/29/2018 at 9:07 PM, mirrorimij said:

That green one is the only one that was built.  Jol let me engineer the tooling and write the CNC programs to make it a production model.  I must have gone through 200 or more tops to find a AAAA flame top wide enough to make a double neck and then they killed the flame with green paint.

id give $10 k for that all day long if someone could convince the seller to take it.

Considering it was for sale for $5,000 a decade ago, I'm sure he'd take it if you offered. 

Archived