Hamer Fan Club Message Center

For Sale Gibson "CREST"

Selling this guitar for a friend and rather than listing all about what it IS and what it Isn't I'm just going to do a very brief description on the listing and those having interest further please just PM me with your questions.This guitar was purchased from the original owner [A Lady] not long ago............. The guitar is all original with the original case,strap,and guitar cord. He is asking $5,000.00 and from the photos you can see the condition,from what I understand it has not had any repairs done and yes it still has the original frets.eFnNnVd.jpggxHksxd.jpgnvELtji.jpgafQm7jU.jpgYwpwuBp.jpgU1039ln.jpgoZPUUxu.jpgPZxGEvI.jpgQ3IdCVU.jpgHyBXGy2.jpgbJep6yV.jpg

Pretty hard to identify the year by the serial from that era. But they started to put volutes from mid 69. Also in 68 there was no 3 piece neck. So most likely its beginning of 70’s,   69-74. Pots would tell the story, but definitely not 68. Very nice guitar nevertheless

20 minutes ago, JustKid said:

Pretty hard to identify the year by the serial from that era. But they started to put volutes from mid 69. Also in 68 there was no 3 piece neck. So most likely its beginning of 70’s,   69-74. Pots would tell the story, but definitely not 68. Very nice guitar nevertheless

Hey thanks for that info regarding the year..........................what he was told in any case regarding the year and I'm no expert regarding dating info on these guitars................owner is now away on vacation so I can't find out much more...............he will be back this Monday though so........................ I'll revise the listing for now as far as the year till we can determine what year it is with certainty.

I noticed the pearl Gibson headstock logo is the earlier style, and not the thin 'spagetti' style that was used through the '70's and '80's.  It doesn't look like the silk-screened 'pantograph' style either, at least not from the photos.  Does anybody know about the transition periods on the pearl Gibson headstock logo designs in the late '60's/early '70's?  Murkat would likely know for sure.

Here is the Serial # if anyone here with knowledge  wants to take a crack at the year...................any help would be appreciated!:) Lavonne's Vintage Guitars here in Minnesota is saying 67 or 69 for the years...................Hmmmmmmm????bWgBIiB.jpg

Serial# will not give you much for those years. If the owner wants: bridge volume and tone pots on those models have very long wires so it won’t be a problem to take off the knob, unscrew the nut and pull it from the f hole to see ( bridge pot, not the neck). But only if he wants to be sure. But so far it looks like after 69

Actually they were built in 69-72.

6 hours ago, SSII x 2 said:

Wow, a blast from the past!  Can't be a lot of those out there.  GLWtS!

I understand only 162 were made during the years of production of 1969- 1972 so yeah a pretty uncommon GIBBY.

17 hours ago, HamStd said:

Arm of Hamer,  drop me a line at [email protected].   I am interested.

Thanks

Peter

I have emailed you Peter.

Archived