Hamer Fan Club Message Center

OLD Guitar Finish Ideas

Hbom

WOW Chris! That one always makes me green with envy. That is one fine Standard. And probably the one that lead to this;

Me "I've been told you don't do checkerboards and I don't like metal flake. Other than that I am wide open and looking for suggestions."

He "I do checkerboard. "

Me "Little surprised to see you still do checkerboards, I thought I had read that you didn't want to do those anymore."

He "I think the no checkerboard thing is from Chris Matthes teasing me because it is a bit labor intensive. :))"

So color is still undecided but we are moving forward.

That is correct - it was a bit of a joke, based on Stike’s facial expression when I first mentioned that one...  😆

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of bridge and pickup options....any color can be done too.....surf green? Candy Tangerine? Both cool and you don’t see them often...never on a V AFAIK.

Here is a pickup idea to make that  guitar the working man’s V: Peavey USA Limiteds came with 2 humbuckers and a 5 way switch (I think the 2 bucker Gibson Nighthawks Do too). Here is what it gave you...

1. Bridge bucker alone

2. Bridge inner coil with neck inner coil...the Strat quack sound perfectly

3. Both buckers combined

4. Both outer coils—-the Tele middle position...chime for days

5. Neck bucker alone.

Mine really did nail thethe bucker, Strat, and Tele tones. If I ever have another 2 bucker custom guitar made, it will do this...

12 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

Thanks Dave. I've seen that bridge before. In fact, they have been trying to sell it for way too much money for so long that their rust has dust.

I'm still looking for a good Hamer marked Floyd. :)

12 hours ago, HAMERMAN said:

I am not sure if it's the angle of the photos or what but the pictures makes the body look like it has been scaled down.

Yeah. That was a thought for a bit. But I got better pictures and I think it's all good.

3 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Lots of bridge and pickup options....any color can be done too.....surf green? Candy Tangerine? Both cool and you don’t see them often...never on a V AFAIK.

Here is a pickup idea to make that  guitar the working man’s V: Peavey USA Limiteds came with 2 humbuckers and a 5 way switch (I think the 2 bucker Gibson Nighthawks Do too). Here is what it gave you...

1. Bridge bucker alone

2. Bridge inner coil with neck inner coil...the Strat quack sound perfectly

3. Both buckers combined

4. Both outer coils—-the Tele middle position...chime for days

5. Neck bucker alone.

Mine really did nail thethe bucker, Strat, and Tele tones. If I ever have another 2 bucker custom guitar made, it will do this...

Thanks Mark. Interesting layout. I'll have to talk to Charlotte and see what she thinks.

Surf green with candy tangerine pinstripes?

24 minutes ago, Hbom said:

I'm still looking for a good Hamer marked Floyd. :)

I have a new (never installed), old-stock one in Chrome that I got direct from New Hartford.  Let me know if you'd be interested...

Wow PA! That's a generous offer Thank you!

I like the 59/JB combo but I think I have pickups covered. (probably not covered but picked out)

Mostly it's a question of body color right now.

Thanks again.

On 12/3/2018 at 3:29 PM, Hbom said:

Thanks Chris. I have to decide on body color before I can pick hardware color. But I'll keep it in mind.

Let me leave this here  . . . . . 

Goldtop.   Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop. Goldtop.   Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.   Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.   Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.   Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.   Goldtop.  Goldtop.  Goldtop.   Goldtop.

With chrome stuff.

Archived