Hamer Fan Club Message Center

B12L...lost in the ether?

tobereeno

In August I shipped a B12L to Italy. Spent three weeks in customs, then at the end of September, tracking ends, saying it's in an Italian post office. The guy I sent it to says he's been told it's been returned to sender, but I haven't gotten anything back.

Anyone ever have an instrument get lost in international shipping? Did it ever turn up? The shipment was insured so financially no one's getting screwed. My concern is for the instrument itself; it would be a damned shame for it to die a lonely death in a warehouse somewhere.

Shipped a guitar to Gabe in Sint Marten was supposed to arrive the day before the Hurricane. Gabe finally got it about 1 month later and he notified me. FedEx has still not notified me that guitar was received.

arniez

I mean no offence.  One of my best friends is Italian and my dad speaks the language too.  

But...  I personally wouldn’t send a guitar there without cast iron insurance.  Thankfully you’re covered.

Ive never lost a guitar in shipping before but I did lose a fair bit of Vinyl sending it to Italy.

13 hours ago, DBraz said:

I mean no offence.  One of my best friends is Italian and my dad speaks the language too.  

But...  I personally wouldn’t send a guitar there without cast iron insurance.  Thankfully you’re covered.

Ive never lost a guitar in shipping before but I did lose a fair bit of Vinyl sending it to Italy.

so those records just....vanished? never received by the recipient, and never returned to you?

Yeah, these Italians. Many Germans lost items in holidays there over, cars the wheels while family were enjoying the beach and even men their women.

Their temperament sometimes just takes over with them. The Aetna doesn’t spy enough lava for the people to be cooled down. Italien is a drama in itself, an opera.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:27 PM, ArnieZ said:

Shipped a guitar to Gabe in Sint Marten was supposed to arrive the day before the Hurricane. Gabe finally got it about 1 month later and he notified me. FedEx has still not notified me that guitar was received.

arniez

True story. 

And I am still very happy that the guitar did arrive (without customs furies ir import tax, and without CITES-problems 

The guitar is nicknamed Irma  

Talladega’s are great guitars, and this one is unique, Aztec Gold, with a bound neck.

Gabe 😃

Archived