Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anybody Use Or Know Of Cavalier Pickups? (Incoming Partscaster)

crunchee

I've got a T-Style Partscaster incoming with Cavalier PUs installed--a Fat Lion bridge PU, and a Fat Lion King neck PU.  Found this video after I bought the guitar, the PUs are the same as my incoming guitar, though this demo is actually for a steel bridge plate and compensated brass saddles...the PUs seem to sound pretty good IMO.  And NO, the guitar in the video isn't the one that I'm getting, it's just an example I found on YooToob.  I love how there doesn't seem to be any reverb being used for the demo to muck up the sound, other than natural room reverb--I like demos to be DRY sounding with no added flavors, and that actually seems to be a rarity on YooToob:

Other added ingredients in my incoming partscaster: One piece ash body by Head Guitars in Georgia, medium 'C' roasted maple Musikraft neck,  weight is 7 lbs. 6 oz..

I haven't played any personally but there are Cavalier tone reports all over TDPRI http://www.tdpri.com/threads/cavalier-lioness-and-fat-lioness-soundbytes.886981/ 

Rob DiStefano is the builder, and his pickups are highly regarded over there.

That sounds like a really interesting partscaster. I don't know that those components will need any upgrades - checks most of the wish list for me as far as teles go.  Looking forward to a tone report when it lands.  Enjoy!

Archived