Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Prototype, no serial # on headstock.

outtahear

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What color is it?  If it's black, midnight blue or another dark finish, the serial may have been stamped in yellow ink, which sometimes fades over time. Try looking at it under a blacklight, assuming it's the original finish.

No guitar left Hamer without a serial number.

12 hours ago, cmatthes said:

No guitar left Hamer without a serial number.

Except the very early Sunburst that Jazzerman (from The Netherlands) had for sale (for something like $10.000) a couple of years ago on this forum.

He appears to have disappeared from this forum and also from YouTube.

Gabe 😀

The prototype I was sold had a stamped serial number.  It was a 'finish' prototype of the Mirage II.  I just had it build-out, I should post it....

Perfect. Fwiw, thing's a beast, resonant, headstock repair's solid, stays in tune.

(Bonus-didn't mention a case in the ad, shipped w/original HSC).

Starting to clean it up now, new strings, fret check this week.

Thanks for everything..(Recents)

DSC_0040_zpslikx06ww.jpg[/URL]

DSC_0042_zpsrd3ionyw.jpg[/URL]

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

I don't know if I've ever seen the serial number in the control cavity before on a Hamer.

Anyone else?

I'd be willing to bet that the headstock was broken twice. Someone put the serial number in the control cavity before/after refinishing the guitar post repair. But why not just put it back on the headstock?

and what is that under the number. 

1 minute ago, bubs_42 said:

I'd be willing to bet that the headstock was broken twice. Someone put the serial number in the control cavity before/after refinishing the guitar post repair.

Sure but that looks a lot like the factory stamp. And that's no factory repair, that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Sure but that looks a lot like the factory stamp. And that's no factory repair, that's for sure.

This. Doubt the re-fin thing, seems the same as a Cruisebass I had from the same era.

Paint in the control cavity/body identical.

1 minute ago, outtahear said:

This. Doubt the re-fin thing, seems the same as a Cruisebass I had from the same era.

Paint in the control cavity/body identical.

And the serial number in the control cavity?

We can try to check the factory logs...

Archived