Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New “NEW” Hamer Day

cmatthes

I’ll fill in the story when I’ve got some free time (HA!  Right...”free time”!), but wanted to share some decent shots I finally snagged yesterday afternoon of the last instrument serial stamped in New Hartford, and finally completed.  Pics really don’t do this finish justice: 

7209452C-9D3E-4E59-B251-3ACCAB0680EC.jpeg

CD566E21-3FAF-416C-BE9C-1A8266A0BE7C.jpeg

765868BF-728A-4E28-9A0B-5E31AE70D0C6.jpeg

63B34B29-6390-458D-AAB3-79E1AD405D92.jpeg

FB0DF659-751A-46CC-8DC5-C31E41999874.jpeg

1E6A1BD3-C185-4CCE-B098-842CCE7A7BFA.jpeg

D9992206-4BB5-4FC4-B8AC-7838F490ED0F.jpeg

174F8864-6EDB-493E-9D70-98ACB6D48348.jpeg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Weight?

About the weight of a regular (not '70s) Les Paul, actually.  I could definitely weigh it, but the majority of the weight is in the Floyd. :D

Dave Brown called me in either very late 2012 or early 2013 and said that he had gotten in two super lightweight and perfectly clean 22" Honduras Mahogany boards, and was pulling the lighter (by maybe a few grams) of the two for my guitar.  At the time, there was supposedly an order for another Cali Doubleneck pending from another HFC'er, but I don't think that ever got finalized or to the build stage (??).  It's a single piece body.

WOW. That is just... awesome. I've always wanted a 12 string and/or a doubleneck. I know i'd never use it but just for the heck of it.

Can't wait to hear the story about that someday.

3 minutes ago, prototype-fan said:

Well, you certainly got your $350's worth.

I saved all the money by not getting neck pickups.

1 minute ago, kizanski said:

...and a trem cover.

Got that, just not installed.  I've got to tune it down a half step for a gig this week, so letting it acclimate.  I hate setting up Floyds! :D

39 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

About the weight of a regular (not '70s) Les Paul, actually.  I could definitely weigh it, but the majority of the weight is in the Floyd. :D

Dave Brown called me in either very late 2012 or early 2013 and said that he had gotten in two super lightweight and perfectly clean 22" Honduras Mahogany boards, and was pulling the lighter (by maybe a few grams) of the two for my guitar.  At the time, there was supposedly an order for another Cali Doubleneck pending from another HFC'er, but I don't think that ever got finalized or to the build stage (??).  It's a single piece body.

What are we talking about, around 11 lbs?  Glad to hear that it's lighter than my double neck. I used to scoff at some of the folks who griped about the weight of a double neck until I owned this one. Now, I 'm good for a maybe a song or two and then, it's gotta come off.

Congrats on a kickass double neck! Enjoy that Floyd!!! ;)

I'll weigh it when I get the chance, but it could be under 11lbs.  I'm sure the pearloid tuner buttons drop at least a pound off the assembled weight!

1 minute ago, cmatthes said:

I'll weigh it when I get the chance, but it could be under 11lbs.  I'm sure the pearloid tuner buttons drop at least a pound off the assembled weight!

Shoot! I gotta TELE that weighs over 11 pounds. Piece of cake! Congrats!

43 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

My double neck Cali weighs 11.88 lbs and I thought that was relatively light given all of the metal. 

Pearloid tuners was a clever move on your part.

Archived