Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New “NEW” Hamer Day

cmatthes

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a few shots of this one in the Hamer shop from 2013...

Early on...

MrDoublenecky71513_zps3b263161.jpg

NH913MrDoublenecbodyky_zpsbb4ea45a.jpg

MrDoublenecky81413_zps4447363c.jpg

NH913MrDoubleneckywDB_zpsf5f43ddd.jpg

My Cali Doubleneck...with a friend:

NH913MrDoubleneckynUncleDickwDB1_zpsa0f5

NH913MrDoubleneckynUncleDicckwDB_zps487b

NH913MrDoubleneckynUncleDick2_zps4b0689b

NH913MrDoublenecky2_zpsa502612f.jpg

1 minute ago, bubs_42 said:

@cmatthes is that a NOS triplecoil ring?

Nope - TWO of them.  😜

3 minutes ago, kizanski said:

In @cmatthes' closet somewhere.

Nah - I wish.  When things shut down, some was picked over by FMIC, but most was trashed, dumpstered or destroyed. The closing crew was pretty much there to finish/wind up some things and then clean everything out to get the building back to the original state, before the decades-long KAMAN/Ovation lease.

Fortunately, a few Hamers that we’re close to being finished made it to their dealers/owners...others never made it.

5 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Nah - I wish.  When things shut down, some was picked over by FMIC, but most was trashed, dumpstered or destroyed. The closing crew was pretty much there to finish/wind up some things and then clean everything out to get the building back to the original state, before the decades-long KAMAN/Ovation lease.

Fortunately, a few Hamers that we’re close to being finished made it to their dealers/owners...others never made it.

I gotta believe that 2nd Uncle Dick is in someone's closet somewhere.
I would be very disappointed in everyone involved to find out that got destroyed.
At some point you have to take matters into your own hands and sneak things out the back door.

3 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

You should put out a nationwide craigslist solicitation looking for Uncle Dick in the Closet, see what you can uncover

I lobbed the softball, @Rechts, and you whiffed on my "back door" reference.

1 minute ago, Ed Rechts said:

Congrats to us both for turning Chris' NHD thread into a sinking pirate ship before 10 a.m. EST

It was his own fault.

...and I'm not totally convinced that he doesn't know the whereabouts of Uncle Dick 2.0.

3 hours ago, DBraz said:

There was a Virt in the works too.  Some really great Hamers lost in time forever.

If you look in the neck tubes behind Dave B. in the pics above, you can see the Virt neck, a B-12A neck and a reverse headstock (with tumbling boomers, if I recall correctly?) Chapparal (bolt on) neck.  I saw the Chap before things were shut down, and the body was a cool 3tone Burst, but I think that one never made it out - not sure.  Dave B's Standard and a set neck Flamey Cali DID make it though, right at the end.

1 minute ago, cmatthes said:

If you look in the neck tubes behind Dave B. in the pics above, you can see the Virt neck, a B-12A neck and a reverse headstock (with tumbling boomers, if I recall correctly?) Chapparal (bolt on) neck.  I saw the Chap before things were shut down, and the body was a cool 3tone Burst, but I think that one never made it out - not sure.  Dave B's Standard and a set neck Flamey Cali DID make it though, right at the end.

Flamey set neck Cali?  My goodness I wonder who got that?

I remember chatting to Mike about that Virt.  The fact the neck was done and it wasn’t completed is just beyond me.  I hope someone at least took the neck home with the intention of finishing it.  Virts have a special place in my heart.

Archived