Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cmatthes

New “NEW” Hamer Day

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I saved all the money by not getting neck pickups.

you made me double look.

Very Cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HAMERMAN said:

Surprised you went with Gold hardware.

On both necks, even.

Congrats and enjoy that beast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jangle and then the RAWK!

It is beautiful, Chris!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris,

Wow, very nice!

I can't tell from the photos  - are both headstocks SN / USA stamped?

So, what IS the serial number on this "California Demon"?  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DoubleCali 6.jpg

DoubleCali 12.jpg

Mr.%20Doublenecky%20062317%20serials%202

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a few shots of this one in the Hamer shop from 2013...

Early on...

MrDoublenecky71513_zps3b263161.jpg

NH913MrDoublenecbodyky_zpsbb4ea45a.jpg

MrDoublenecky81413_zps4447363c.jpg

NH913MrDoubleneckywDB_zpsf5f43ddd.jpg

My Cali Doubleneck...with a friend:

NH913MrDoubleneckynUncleDickwDB1_zpsa0f5

NH913MrDoubleneckynUncleDicckwDB_zps487b

NH913MrDoubleneckynUncleDick2_zps4b0689b

NH913MrDoublenecky2_zpsa502612f.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m blown away!!! And Uncle Dick right beside it on the bench!!! That guitar has to have some serious MOJO !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Armitage said:

Is that a second Uncle Rick?

Well, it ain't the first one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this.

 

45B1B59C-86CB-4BEB-93A0-A0ADE53AFB55.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

What became of that incomplete Uncle Dick? 

In @cmatthes' closet somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bubs_42 said:

@cmatthes is that a NOS triplecoil ring?

Nope - TWO of them.  😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kizanski said:

In @cmatthes' closet somewhere.

Nah - I wish.  When things shut down, some was picked over by FMIC, but most was trashed, dumpstered or destroyed. The closing crew was pretty much there to finish/wind up some things and then clean everything out to get the building back to the original state, before the decades-long KAMAN/Ovation lease.

Fortunately, a few Hamers that we’re close to being finished made it to their dealers/owners...others never made it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Nah - I wish.  When things shut down, some was picked over by FMIC, but most was trashed, dumpstered or destroyed. The closing crew was pretty much there to finish/wind up some things and then clean everything out to get the building back to the original state, before the decades-long KAMAN/Ovation lease.

Fortunately, a few Hamers that we’re close to being finished made it to their dealers/owners...others never made it.

I gotta believe that 2nd Uncle Dick is in someone's closet somewhere.
I would be very disappointed in everyone involved to find out that got destroyed.
At some point you have to take matters into your own hands and sneak things out the back door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a Virt in the works too.  Some really great Hamers lost in time forever.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kizanski said:

I gotta believe that 2nd Uncle Dick is in someone's closet somewhere.

You should put out a nationwide craigslist solicitation looking for Uncle Dick in the Closet, see what you can uncover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

You should put out a nationwide craigslist solicitation looking for Uncle Dick in the Closet, see what you can uncover

I lobbed the softball, @Rechts, and you whiffed on my "back door" reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kizanski said:

I lobbed the softball, @Rechts, and you whiffed on my "back door" reference.

Congrats to us both for turning Chris' NHD thread into a sinking pirate ship before 10 a.m. EST

This is why we can't have nice things, and why there are no more "Twas a good day for..." posts anymore. 

And why I have been coming here less and less...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ed Rechts said:

Congrats to us both for turning Chris' NHD thread into a sinking pirate ship before 10 a.m. EST

It was his own fault.

...and I'm not totally convinced that he doesn't know the whereabouts of Uncle Dick 2.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kizanski said:

...and I'm not totally convinced that he doesn't know the whereabouts of Uncle Dick 2.0.

His attorney surely knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great build! Congrats to Not Steve and all the woodworking wizards at Hamer to get that one done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...