Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gwennett GA Guitar Center FAIL.

bubs_42

I'm going to make this short and sweet.

Purchased and amp from Gwennett GC last Wednesday over the phone, salesperson was helpful. 

3 days later no confirmation, no tracking. I called, sorry it hasn't gone out and its possible it won't go out until Monday.

Ok, I called on Monday Evening talked to the same person, "Sorry it hasn't gone out yet, it should have, it will go out tomorrow."

Two more days go by and I called back, and talked to the same guy.  "Yes it shipped, let me get you a tracking #", Ok... "Sorry it didn't go out, and I talked to the manager and he is going to express ship it to you and you will have it by Friday."  I was a little ticked but said ok.

Thursday morning I thought to myself F IT, i'm going to cancel it out. So I call, talked to a different salesman and it had shipped, they gave me a tracking # Twice and it didn't work either time. 

Today, it actually showed up and this is what I got, I'm not going to say Guitar Center Sucks, it is an employee issue. Sometimes shit happens but this is poor packing. 

9ixW5Fq.jpg

e7XrePo.jpg

trsJRrL.jpg

0DGQwPv.jpg

mwYhSyn.jpg

q45zymd.jpg

dnn3uQs.jpg

mSbOpAZ.jpg

Deep it is, down to the wood and surprised it didn't crack the board. ZERO Packing on top or bottom. It was in pretty much mint shape super low serial #. 

SnqPymT.jpg

27 minutes ago, murkat said:

Budda?

SD30 II #0004, it was mint, not so much now. Dragan and I spent some time with my East and my old Budda one afternoon and I decided there is room for both. So out with one east and in with one Budda. Placing a bookend on this chapter, I have almost tried everything and frankly I do know what I like. ;) 

BTW: I'm on hold for um about 12min waiting for the manager. I did send him all the photo's of the box and damage. Second amp in a row from GC damaged, the first was the Trademark 30, it had the reverb pan ripped right out of it. It is currently sitting at my local gc, for more than I paid for it and no mention of the reverb pan online. 

Some people are brain dead, esp when shipping amps.

Many years ago, a music store (NOT GC) shipped me a Twin Reverb. Heavy piece of kit, obviously. It was literally stuck inside of a very oversized cardboard box with no (I mean ZERO) packing material. The box rattled when they handed it over.....Must have dropped it off the loading dock.....Tubes were shattered, baffle board broken and speakers loose, you name it. In pieces. Something like 80 pounds of pieces, I reckon.

In a case like that, easy to get a full refund. I hope they compensate you sufficiently. That is, if you want to keep it.

3 minutes ago, django49 said:

Some people are brain dead, esp when shipping amps.

Many years ago, a music store (NOT GC) shipped me a Twin Reverb. Heavy piece of kit, obviously. It was literally stuck inside of a very oversized cardboard box with no (I mean ZERO) packing material. The box rattled when they handed it over.....Must have dropped it off the loading dock.....Tubes were shattered, baffle board broken and speakers loose, you name it. In pieces. Something like 80 pounds of pieces, I reckon.

In a case like that, easy to get a full refund. I hope they compensate you sufficiently. That is, if you want to keep it.

I was wiling to discuss it, but my phone says that i've been holding for 24 1/4 minutes. LOL 

The worst one was getting a Fuchs shipped to me with the foot switch loose in the back, destroyed every tube and tweaked the transformer. 

45 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

...Purchased an amp from Gwennett GC last Wednesday over the phone,....

Your first clue.

That really sucks, bud. Does it work?

32 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Your first clue.

That really sucks, bud. Does it work?

Well funny you should ask, they didn't send me a power cable. LOL!!! Every single person who answers that phone has been really polite, I have been really polite. Even after waiting 20 minutes on hold, hanging up and calling back. The next guy was polite and I was polite, he said "I'll get you a manager no problem they are not busy at the moment". 3 Minutes later, "Something has come up with the manager that is here and he is unavailable and the other manager is out to lunch." So he took my number and name and I'll wait for the call. The older I get the less of dick I can be, but that also leads me to getting screwed sometimes. 

2 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Today, it actually showed up and this is what I got, I'm not going to say Guitar Center Sucks, it is an employee issue.

I will say it, "Guitar Center Sucks".  It's way more than an employee issue.

I’ve had issues with GC also. Same kind of deal with a set of Dyne Audio BM6A Studio monitors. Came trashed. From that very disappointing moment all items new or used get shipped to the store and unboxed with an employee witnessing. If it’s trashed it say’s there and they immediatly start working on returning my money. They need to start a signature packing program. Packed by signed by the employee. Somethings gotta change!!!

1 hour ago, Dutchman said:

I’ve had issues with GC also. Same kind of deal with a set of Dyne Audio BM6A Studio monitors. Came trashed. From that very disappointing moment all items new or used get shipped to the store and unboxed with an employee witnessing. If it’s trashed it say’s there and they immediatly start working on returning my money. They need to start a signature packing program. Packed by signed by the employee. Somethings gotta change!!!

I live 15min from a GC. I just take the shit back with it comes in trashed. The representative takes care of me, and if its damaged I get my shipping back as well. 

Nobody called me tonight so now it will turn into a game of tag. I'll give it some time tomorrow, before contacting them again tomorrow. It will all shake out in the end. 

That is pure BS. This is one of many reasons why Sears just went bankrupt.

They are a music store. They know how to pack amps. They simply don’t care. It is  different at every store, but it is indeed a GC issue. And that is sad.

Your patience is commendable and to your credit. I hope they make it right for you.

1 hour ago, 0054 said:

I'm just proud of Bubs for no typos!

Well...he repeatedly misspelled "Gwinnett".

11 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Well...he repeatedly misspelled "Gwinnett".

@0054 if it sounds to good to be true, sometimes it just is.  

BTW, nobody called me last night. You know its not hard to take care of the customer before you push them over the edge. I hope he is as polite as the rest of his staff, we should get through this just fine. 

One little bonus, in the picture from GC there was some white marks on the grill cloth. A little bit of work with and blade they came off. Just appears to be paint splatter. Which means this thing would have been dead mint before UPS rolled it from Gwinnett to Peoria. 

29 minutes ago, atomicwash said:

Maybe shipping it without a box would be better. They could at least use the handle.

Or cut a hole in the box so the handle is exposed. Hell, that's what most of my amp covers are. Covered in duct tape, of course.

I pre-paid for a Fender Eric Johnson Strat when they first came out.  In full.  My salesman in Winter Park told me they would get six in the first batch and I would get one because I was the second person to lay down the cash.  He told me that they had two remaining to sell on the "floor".  When they arrived, I wasn't called.  What they didn't know was I'm good friends with two of the other buyers.  One called me to ask how I liked my guitar.  Needless to say, I called GC and asked why I'd not been notified.  They told me that I would get one from the second batch to arrive in four weeks.  I told them it was unacceptable and I would cancel my credit card payment.  Within ten minutes, the manager called me and told me that they had one ready for me to pick up.  So, I drove down to pick it up.  When I arrived, my salesman said that they were waiting for one of the other salesmen to return the guitar I would receive.  When the salesman walked in, he had the guitar in a gig bag.  They immediately took it to the repair guy's bench.  They had to take a retro tortoise pickguard off and replace it with the original.  They acted like I should just stand there and wait.  I've never purchased anything from them again.  I won't even click on a link here on the forum, if it's to GC.  By the way, I got one of those first EJ's for about $400 less a few months later as they swamped the market with them soon thereafter.

I pre-paid Sweetwater for one of the new EJ Thinline models.  Some of you may remember.  I ordered and paid for it before they shipped.  My salesman Matt Masek told me it would be three to four weeks.  They guitar shipped one week later.  Then, when I saw that they lowered the price two months after I purchased mine, I called Matt to inquire.  He credited me the difference. 

You decide. 

26 minutes ago, The Shark said:

I pre-paid for a Fender Eric Johnson Strat when they first came out.  In full.  My salesman in Winter Park told me they would get six in the first batch and I would get one because I was the second person to lay down the cash.  He told me that they had two remaining to sell on the "floor".  When they arrived, I wasn't called.  What they didn't know was I'm good friends with two of the other buyers.  One called me to ask how I liked my guitar.  Needless to say, I called GC and asked why I'd not been notified.  They told me that I would get one from the second batch to arrive in four weeks.  I told them it was unacceptable and I would cancel my credit card payment.  Within ten minutes, the manager called me and told me that they had one ready for me to pick up.  So, I drove down to pick it up.  When I arrived, my salesman said that they were waiting for one of the other salesmen to return the guitar I would receive.  When the salesman walked in, he had the guitar in a gig bag.  They immediately took it to the repair guy's bench.  They had to take a retro tortoise pickguard off and replace it with the original.  They acted like I should just stand there and wait.  I've never purchased anything from them again.  I won't even click on a link here on the forum, if it's to GC.  By the way, I got one of those first EJ's for about $400 less a few months later as they swamped the market with them soon thereafter.

I pre-paid Sweetwater for one of the new EJ Thinline models.  Some of you may remember.  I ordered and paid for it before they shipped.  My salesman Matt Masek told me it would be three to four weeks.  They guitar shipped one week later.  Then, when I saw that they lowered the price two months after I purchased mine, I called Matt to inquire.  He credited me the difference. 

You decide. 

Nothing too decide...........................I have never bought anything from Guitar "Off Center" new or used. BTW that amp that was 'PACKED" by GC...................if you can't do better than that you don't deserve to be in business.

I feel GC manages to override this fuckstickery with the numbers game. The sheer number of pissed customers WAY outnumber those that will actually complain and demand action on said fuckstickery. What’s amazing to me is that all I hear from GC customers is how awful their, “customer service”, experience is, time after time.

How is it, then, that they keep opening new stores? I consider GC a, “picks’n’sticks”-store. There is nothing there of interest. 

8 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Nothing too decide...........................I have never bought anything from Guitar "Off Center" new or used. BTW that amp that was 'PACKED" by GC...................if you can't do better than that you don't deserve to be in business.

But if you're looking for an online retailer to deal with, there's plenty to decide...

One idea might be to have the item shipped from the selling GC to the GC closest to you. Sure, it's a hassle to get out of your jammies to go check it out, but if it's AFU it's their problem, not yours.

Still, there's no excuse for the shit packing job. A blind chimp could have done better.

12 hours ago, The Shark said:

But if you're looking for an online retailer to deal with, there's plenty to decide...

Exactly..................many more good choices OTHER than GC that can deliver the product your looking for with a quicker delivery time, and packed well for shipment...............not just thrown in a box, and often times for less money. I'm lucky to have 3 great music stores near me with people I have known for years and I can trust and give me the best service. GC will never get my $$$$.

I've been in that GC a couple times. It's usually a ghost town, and the employees were less energetic and engaged than the ones at the store closer to town, which I think is well-run. Apparently the latter store is some kind of company showplace, as they get the corporate brass in there a lot and it's always packed.

If I can do anything, lemme know. I can drive up there in 25 minutes if you need an in-person representative. I have all the intimidating power of Pee-Wee Herman.

Archived