Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My "Last" new Hamer

Got this built-up at Healy Guitars in Easthampton, MA.  Bought it from an Ovation Rep who obtained it from the CT factory floor, not sure if it's a 'second' or not.  Here's a valid serial number under a HEAVY layer of clear-coat that needed buffed-down.  No logo on the headstock, but the good folks in Canada cut me a fresh sheet of dry-transfers.  Mirage II double-hum cut, figured it to be cherry-burst but was hard to tell with the clearcoat-jacket this thing had on for years.  Straight neck with working truss, new frets, rosewood board, with some clear overspray to clean-off.  Zero hardware or electricals, so I got to custom-everything - went with a vintage set of non-blade Bill Lawrence cream pups, custom Schaller Ruthenium da Vinci tuners, Bourns Silas Signature pots, DiMarzio switch and rings, and a few other goodies.  Hipshot bridge selected by Mr. Healy once he measured the nut and the cut-out for what will work well.  The pups were a challenge to wire - whatever was going-on, they were 'non-standard'.

rsz_img_0411.jpg

rsz_img_0412.jpg

rsz_1new1.jpg

Hand-blown glass knobs by Wiggins.  They 'pop', but maybe not everyone's cuppa.

Oh, and big shout-out to Ryan Welcome for using Jol's old buffing machine to make this thing SHINE.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:31 PM, G Man said:

Nice!  Trevor does killer work.  I was just in there last week picking up, wish I knew this was being worked up, I would have loved to grab a glance.  

It took some prodding to get Trevor on-board with the build - he wasn't sure things would work-out.  But once it was buffed-down and strung, he was surprised that the neck needed NOTHING to get things level.  There's zero fret-buzz anywhere, and I've looked for it.  Trevor is very particular about necks and getting frets and setups 'right', this is the second Hamer build he's done for me having finished the Custom Nagel Chap a year back that needed some neck work.  The guitar is really solid and has a lot of resonance - I had the bridge partially blocked so it would only move downward.

Archived