Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Damn you Johnny B!

Punkavenger

I just picked up one of these. I was looking for a Tele  and also curious about P90's. Plus had extra reverb bucks ... a dangerous combination!  I had always avoided G&L because I didnt like the headstock but on this model it doesnt bother me. High quality for the price for sure. and the P90 rocks!

http://www.guitarsandeffects.com/25a05a05gnlbluebluesboyasat/gnlasatbluebluesboy.html

30 minutes ago, crunchee said:

A P-90 in a Tele is killer, congrats on the snag!  I couldn't resist getting this one (Lollar in the back, TysonTone in the front)...sorry that the indoor lighting kinda washes out the color, it's Daphne Blue:

7TEmGs6.jpg

And as we all know, blue guitars sound better.

That's REALLY sweet. I think you outdid me  :) 

BTW this is just an ad for a guitar exactly like mine (saved me from the photography thing) ... and it looks like its still for sale $999.00, which is what I paid for mine. I was told they were $1750 list. If anyone is interested, I'd say go for it as this guitar is a bargain at that price.  I can't vouch for the seller though, that you would have to figure out on your own. 

On 11/10/2018 at 8:15 AM, Punkavenger said:

... I had always avoided G&L because I didnt like the headstock but on this model it doesnt bother me. High quality for the price for sure. and the P90 rocks!

A G&L headstock is pretty much the same as a Fender headstock, but with the addition of the pointy protrusion on the bottom edge, sometimes referred to as a "tit."

And who doesn't like tits?  :D

xmnhmbxxzgiptmej9ivr.jpg

2 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

A G&L headstock is pretty much the same as a Fender headstock, but with the addition of the pointy protrusion on the underside, sometimes referred to as a "tit."

And who doesn't like tits?  :D

xmnhmbxxzgiptmej9ivr.jpg

Im learning to like tits  :)     HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNNY B  !!!

3 minutes ago, Punkavenger said:

Im learning to like tits  :)     HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHNNY B  !!!

Thanks, Mark. I turned 65 today, which feels like I just walked through the gate to Geezerville.

My birthday falls on Veterans Day, formerly known as Armistice Day to commemorate the end of WWI. As it happens, today is the 100th anniversary of the WWI Armistice.

On 11/10/2018 at 11:15 AM, Punkavenger said:

I just picked up one of these. I was looking for a Tele  and also curious about P90's. Plus had extra reverb bucks ... a dangerous combination!  I had always avoided G&L because I didnt like the headstock but on this model it doesnt bother me. High quality for the price for sure. and the P90 rocks!

http://www.guitarsandeffects.com/25a05a05gnlbluebluesboyasat/gnlasatbluebluesboy.html

Great looking guitar. I love blue.

On 11/10/2018 at 8:32 AM, Punkavenger said:

Ive always wanted a guitar this color ... :)   

Slightly different color, but I had an ASAT Special in Lake Placid Blue with ivory MOTO pickguard, black crackle hardware, rosewood fretboard, and black "soapbar" MFD pickups. The control cavity had been lined with copper foil. That thing was a monster; it was able to overdrive almost anything. It was in new condition and I think I got it for $414 incl. padded gig bag.

I still have a modified ASAT Classic Semihollow in transparent cherry over figured ash, rosewood board, chrome hardware, and pearloid pickguard. The modification is the addition of an RWRP ASAT Classic neck pickup installed in the middle position by Mike Lull. The neck pickup captures sweet jazz tones with the semihollow body helping out, but that middle pickup can put out some nasty tones! It's the same pickup as the neck pickup, but the placement must make a difference.

image.png

Archived