Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2015 Les Paul Traditional

I'm selling this for a co-worker. Overall, it's in very good condition, except for several small dings on the back of the neck behind the second fret, and a few finish chips on the back edge of the body, as pictured. No marks on the top. Minimal, if any, fret wear. Nice flamey top. The owner told me he didn't play it that much.

I know the 2015 Gibsons have a bad reputation, but this one seems a bit different. It has low action, and  lots of sustain! I'm tempted to buy it myself, but I've got too many at the moment.

It comes with everything pictured, as well as the battery charger for the G-Force tuners. The guitar weighs approximately 10.1 pounds. The owner would like to clear $1,500, but he would listen to offers.  

pxkrnm59co8jr6xnuulj.jpg

d2uityjys5tsygrvry2m.jpg

f8uqypxsbh8gbxfamdnk.jpg

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

I currently own one of these completely stock that I bought off this board.  It's the only Gibson I own.  I'm guessing mine is a 2015, but I was unaware of problems with the 15's.  I put a completely black truss rod cover on mine because I did not like the ultra white lettering with all the other plastic on the guitar being aged white.  The maple top on mine does not match up perfect with the mahogany body on the sides and it's the heaviest 10 lbs guitar I've ever owned.  Other than that I think these are real nice looking and playing guitars.

6 hours ago, fasteddie said:

First rule of expensive guitar ownership, don't use it as hammer for basic DIY, that "ding" as you call it, is more like a "dong" bro.

Too bashed for me.

Nah--more like a "Dang!"

I updated the post, and added a couple more pics. I told the owner it's not worth what he's asking, but he's willing to listen to offers.

I picked up two 2015 les paul special double cuts when they were blowing them out.  $600 each.   I should have bought ten when GC was blowing them out at $500.  Pups truly suck, but I love everything else.  Added lollars to one and SD antiquity ii to the other.  LOVE.  The wide neck is great, excellent wood and build is excellent.

I think the rub on those guitars was the extra neck width and the super chunky neck along with the robot tuners and same pickup in the neck and bridge position along with the zero fret nut. I also picked up a 2015 double cut that had locking tuners added and a special insert in the adjustable nut that made it stay in tune but I just didn't like the pickups or the way the neck felt with the extra wood. Sold it quickly! I recall Sam Ash selling those Les Pauls brand new (Clearing them out basically) with crazy flamed tops for 1399.00 which made you take notice quickly. Simply fixing the tuners made a lot of difference and putting an insert into the nut makes them very stable. I tried one. Couldn't bond with it for the life of me! I tried too...My least favorite Les Paul Standard ever. No weight relief either. OY! 

Archived