Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Eclipse Slammer Series

JukeBoxRat

Question

I just added a Hamer Eclipse Slammer Series to my little arsenal of Hamers.  I've been looking for one of these in my price range for a while and never seemed to find one when I actually had money. 

Anyway, my question is does anybody know what string gauge was factory spec on the Eclipse, Korean or US?  Searching online, but my Google-fu has failed me so far. 

I'm going to set it up with .10s regardless, but was curious what the guitar would've come with brand new.

7 answers to this question

I believe they came with a standard .010 set, but smarter people will chime in soon.

And Welcome! What else you got for Hamers (it's mandatory that noobs post pictures..... B)).

18 hours ago, hamerhead said:

I believe they came with a standard .010 set, but smarter people will chime in soon.

And Welcome! What else you got for Hamers (it's mandatory that noobs post pictures..... B)).

Thanks!  I've lurked for a bit, but I think this was my first post.  My Hamer love affair started with a 1983 Hamer Blitz I found dirt cheap at a pawn shop in the summer of 1994, right before I started college.  Coincidentally, the guitar shop I took lessons at became a Hamer dealer shortly thereafter and my first brand new new electric was a black Korean SAT, one of the Slammer Series, which I stupidly sold back in 2004-ish, though I've since purchased an identical guitar (though it's not quite as nice as my original one was).  I worked for a different guitar shop in 2000 and convinced them to carry Hamer and sold several during my tenure there.  During that time, I added a Hamer Artist Korina P-90, which is my only other USA Hamer.  So right now, I've got my Blitz, the Artist, 3 Korean SATs (white, black, and blueburst: the white and black have the Slammer Series logo under the main Hamer logo), and now the Slammer Series Eclipse.  I don't have pics of all of them on my phone, but here's the Blitz and the white SAT.U4aGW3m.jpg

5LZcCCi.jpg

4 hours ago, mathman said:

Nice crew. Always wanted a blitz.

It's a great guitar.  Very dark sounding.  A buddy of mine swapped out the pickups, which helped a bit.  I still have the original Hamer branded Dimarzios, but right now its sporting a SD Jazz in the neck and a 59/Custom Hybrid in the bridge. Another buddy gave me the Gibson case it's in.  It came with the orginal hsc, but that case was totally thrashed.  Somewhere in the past 18 years, I misplaced the wang bar.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:57 AM, mathman said:

Somewhere in the world there are lots of single socks and whammy bars...

Living together, hiding from the man.

One more question.  Anyone using an SG case for their Eclipse?  I can measure when I get home and check dimensions, but thought I'd ask while I'm online.

Archived