Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'97 Korina Vector #002

THAT is the real deal there, folks!

Tough to beat anything about that guitar...

Personal message has been written and mailed to the one who posted first.

Oh, that is you.

So you will have to check your inbox.

First log in and then click the envelope on the upper right side of the screen.

Gabe 😀

It’s pretty easy to see that the guitar serial numbers and sequential numbers don’t correlate on the Vectors.  On the Korina Standards the lower serial numbers had lower sequential numbers and they went in order (except for Rick N’s). By the time the Vectors came out that was impractical because dealers were requesting special sequential numbers (I think in some instances to match the Korina Standard they probably had in stock).

For those of you wondering what the fuss is about Vector #002....It was the last guitar out of Arlington Heights.

• 3 weeks later...

On 11/23/2018 at 8:12 PM, S1980 said:

I would also like to sell another. It has some minor handling damage and finish settling. The only one made. I am asking $5K. 

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

Oh my... I must say, you have some pretty spectacular guitars in your collection~

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 4:50 PM, S1980 said:

Hi All,

I am interested in selling this guitar. It's new. I am asking $5K. I live near Chicago.

Thanks

016.JPG

Man I can't believe this guitar is still here... If I didn't already have one, I would definitely consider this one as it was the last guitar to leave Arlington Heights... that alone should mean something to a Hamer collector... and let's face it, these aren't getting any cheaper... "in this condition"... plus it looks like he's dropped his price on Reverb... I just recently purchased a guitar from Steve and I can personally vouch for his great knowledge, honesty and integrity 😉RLP8U34.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sad to know that particular guitar is no longer with you and it’s hard to imagine someone else owning it.  For those here that do not know- those Vectors were built under unique conditions (shop was closing down around us, equipment getting packed up, employees getting let go, etc).  My role at the time was  in the mill.  I was one of the first hands on the guitar (literally started the process by sawing rough lumber) taking the bodies/necks through the CNC process.  Since I was staying with Hamer I got to stick around after my equipment was shipped to Connecticut. Those Vectors were the last batches of guitars and I literally followed them through the shop doing various processes on them.  I probably had more hands on time with those than any other instrument during my 10 + years there.  Every time I pick up my Vector I think about that shop and you guys.

Steve’s role was to organize the whole move.  Between Steve and Jol they managed to pick up the shop in pieces, set it up in CT (while we were finishing up in Arlington Heights) and we only lost 2 weeks production before we started up production in CT  It seemed to be business as usual and the typical Hamer way at the time but that is pretty amazing.

I will never forget that last time you walked out of New Hartford.  Dave Brown and I looked at each other and were thinking “ what the fuck do we do now”?

Archived